This is a decent place if you like to fish and have your own boat. Right on the water....however there is an airboat rental place that parades its boats to another location each morning and evening creating some noise. Villas have very old furnishings and carpet, appliances, etc. Our garbage disposal didn't work at all and there is only 1 big sink as opposed to a dual sink w/separator in middle so water backed up quickly when trying to wash dishes. Desperately needs updating....all new lamps, replacement of worn out leather sofa and chairs, new flooring to replace very old and outdated carpet, and a coffee table would be nice as there wasn't one at all. Some attention could also be paid to the wall furnishings which left much to be desired. For the rates they charge, I expected furnishings less than 8-10 years old, but not the case here. The usage of canoes is nice but kind of difficult to get in and out of the water as no ramp close by. Management was very accommodating, however. And very friendly. All in all, we enjoyed our time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- River Wilderness has 12 one bedroom villas and 2 two bedroom villas. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen and lovely screen porch overlooking the water. All villas have AC/heat, cable TV, phone in room, free WiFi. Canoes, swimming pool, BBQ grill, laundry are available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades Hotel Everglades City
- River Wilderness Waterfront Villas, Everglades Everglades City, Florida