“Went twice this trip”

The Oyster House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oyster House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Went twice this trip”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

THe Oyster house continues to serve good food with great service and nice folks. The Ward Michaels Burger could serve two (Ward is a local fishing guide who is potentially the best Snook Fisherman in the Everglades, and will soon be all the tackle Snook record holder). I understand this is his usual at the Oyster House. My only sad note is that is now have some great frozen yogurt like desert. The trouble is on our first trip, we ordered two but the machine wold not work after the first one. On the second trip we did the same and once again only one desert, IF the have it I recommend it, they said the machine was new and they were still learning.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
“Great service and food.”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

After a long day road tripping this place was great. Jennifer the waitress was friendly and recommended the main that I had. Nice old bar to have a few beers at too. I'll come back.

Visited June 2014
“One pound burger (o.m.g.)”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

After a long hot day of fishing in the back waters of , we tied the boat at chokoloskee island park marina. I went in and asked Carmen about some local restaurants, she recommended The Oyster House. We're happy she did . After cleaning up, it's off we go.
A super nice lady named Kelly took GOOD care of us. I had the one pound burger,(wow) fries and a double slice of Key Lime pie ,washed down with a good coffee. My daughter had the coconut shrimp dinner, my son had fried fish dinner.
The service was great, the portions large, the prices are somewhat reasonable.
The restaurant is very clean and a good family environment. I have no complaints, and will definitely return . They do a good job . Happy Fathers Day. Tight lines and good fishing

Redmond, Washington
“A disappointing experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My wife and I stopped at the Oyster House after a long day of driving the Tamiami Trail. We were very hungry and decided to give this place a shot since we didn't have the energy to drive much further. That was a mistake.

The place was virtually empty when we got there. The whole town looked like a ghost town, though there were clearly people around, judging by the number of cars parked around. Just nobody that we could see. Maybe that was because of the heat and bugs, both of which were oppressive.

Anyway, the service was friendly enough, if not especially quick. I had a shrimp three ways entree, which included fried shrimp, coconut shrimp and shrimp scampi. I can't really complain about my entree. The shrimp were nice and firm and it seems like frying seafood is something that just about any restaurant in the South can do reliably.

My wife's meal was not nearly as good. She called it barely edible and after trying it, I'd have to agree. It was a grouper filet, coated in coconut and pan fried. Sounds simple and easy to execute, right? I'd think so, but apparently it was a challenge the cook wasn't up to. The coconut breading was roughly 3x the thickness of the fish filet. And the grouper itself was pretty mushy.

The sweet potato patties she got as a side were also gross. The steamed broccoli we both had was actually done well...I expected it to be overcooked, but it wasn't. My baked potato was also fine, but it was a baked potato, it would be major news if it wasn't decent.

Those two entrees plus a coke ended up over $65 with tip. I would call that a monstrously overpriced meal.

Overall, this isn't a place that I would recommend. But if you do go, stick with the deep fried shrimp or other fried seafood options.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jim L
Chokoloskee, Florida
“Was new, even refreshing”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Waitress Kelly made sure that i left satisfied. I am a local, she asked why I hardly come there. I was truthful, because I always get key lime pie for desert and I didn't like there key lime pie. She said we have many new things including key lime pie. She brought me a sample, it was the original home made key lime pie. I loved it. She talked me in to a 1 lb burger that I couldn't finish with a side of clam chowder that was the bomb and some type of new apple pie with ice cream from the brand new ice cream machine. It was nice to learn that they have nice cream now. Summer is here I will be taking advantage of that. I was treated so good that I find myself wanting to go there for just the easy going manner, even the down to earthiness that comes with the establishment. The waitresses made me feel welcomed, even special. Especially my waitress Kelly.

• Visited June 2014