“Great food”

The Oyster House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Oyster House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food was delicious and the service was excellent! The fish was perfect! There was nothing I disliked!

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Lehigh Acres, Florida
“A miserable experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

When some of my friends and I decided to ride our motorcycles to Everglades City this past weekend, I was enthused. Especially when we happened upon the self-titled 'World Famous' Oyster House Restaurant. I'm a HUGE fan of oysters, so this was a natural stop.

To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the decade. None of the wait staff knew much about their adult beverage offerings, and since it was before 1p, there was no bartender on duty. I could easily live with this, but when I ordered a dozen oysters on the half-shell, what I got were dry, gummy and definitely not fresh.

To top it off, the walls are literally covered in taxidermy. Really? In a seafood house? Not one fish, either...just Buffalo, deer (not FL deer either), a squirrel and other critters. Not appetizing surroundings, that's for sure.

I will never set foot in this place again. $4 for a bottled domestic beer, about $15 for the dozen horrible oysters.

I do not recommend this place at all.

• Visited August 2013
12 Thank Bouncer L
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Great early dinner”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had the seafood baskets, which were very good! A little pricier than I expected but was still well worth it. I would go there again!

Naples
“Formerly great Restaurant fails under new management”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been going to The Oyster House for many years and have loved eating there; however, under new management we found the quality of the food has deteriorated considerably. The new owners are not headed in the right direction. Recipes have changed and not in a good way. Cannot recommend this restaurant as it stands now.

3 Thank Nancy D
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and fantastic service”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We took a punt on this restaurant on our way through Everglades City to Tampa, it was getting late so we decided to have a quick dinner and get on our way. We had the Coconut and Macadamia fried Grouper with what I could only describe as a honey mustard type sauce base and the Bay Scallops. Thoroughly recommend the coconut grouper. This was probably the best meal we had all holiday, only topped by the quality of service that Candy D gave us. We had our 5 month old baby boy with us and she was very attentive to our needs. Thank you Candy for your great service!

(And they have a 13ft stuffed alligator in the bar!)