“Good atmosphere and service”

The Oyster House Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Newcastle Upon tyne
“Good atmosphere and service”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our meal here, a special grilled fish platter, with a Stone Crab starter.
There was a party going on in the bar but this didn't distract our waitress, who was very attentive and helpful.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and service above and beyond”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to this restaurant as my husband likes seafood but I am a vegetarian! This was not a problem for the staff at all. Kelly Baker took time and trouble to find out what I eat and spoke to the owner who also came over and asked what he can prepare for me. Instead of offering me a salad, he prepared a great cheese and mushroom omelette. It was really great to get freshly cooked food after a long day of sightseeing....Food ordered by other people in our group was great and plentiful!
The food, staff and great atmospshere of the restaurant is highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Fun atmosphere and good drinks”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Traveling from Chokoloschee to Everglades City we noticed lots of cars at this restaurant. After being in the area a week we decided to visit. Sat on the bar side. Waitress asked " what would I like to drink". I asked how are the Long Islands? She replied " strong". They definitely were good. My husband had shrimp and I had the Grouper basket. Food was good. The waitress was very friendly. Now I know why this place is crowded. Would recommend.

• Visited January 2013
Columbia Falls, Montana
“Well worth trying”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had dinner at the Oyster House after traveling to the Everglades. The Clam Chowder was excellent! We had nice fresh salad, and my boyfriend had the grilled grouper on his that he really enjoyed. I had the mixed plate of grouper fingers and grilled alligator. Both were very good. Grilled veges, a baked potato, and a hushpuppy made it wonderful. Service was ok, we saw another waitress deliver the specials that we weren't told of. But, all in all it was very good and the prices were very reasonable. We would recommend the Oyster House!

• Visited January 2013
Deerfield, Illinois, United States
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

They have delicious fresh seafood in a quaint, rustic restaurant right on the water. Great service and a peaceful ambiance worthy of a stop for lunch after a tour of 10,000 Islands!

Visited January 2013