“Great food and service above and beyond”

The Oyster House Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We went to this restaurant as my husband likes seafood but I am a vegetarian! This was not a problem for the staff at all. Kelly Baker took time and trouble to find out what I eat and spoke to the owner who also came over and asked what he can prepare for me. Instead of offering me a salad, he prepared a great cheese and mushroom omelette. It was really great to get freshly cooked food after a long day of sightseeing....Food ordered by other people in our group was great and plentiful!
The food, staff and great atmospshere of the restaurant is highly recommended.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Traveling from Chokoloschee to Everglades City we noticed lots of cars at this restaurant. After being in the area a week we decided to visit. Sat on the bar side. Waitress asked " what would I like to drink". I asked how are the Long Islands? She replied " strong". They definitely were good. My husband had shrimp and I had the Grouper basket. Food was good. The waitress was very friendly. Now I know why this place is crowded. Would recommend.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had dinner at the Oyster House after traveling to the Everglades. The Clam Chowder was excellent! We had nice fresh salad, and my boyfriend had the grilled grouper on his that he really enjoyed. I had the mixed plate of grouper fingers and grilled alligator. Both were very good. Grilled veges, a baked potato, and a hushpuppy made it wonderful. Service was ok, we saw another waitress deliver the specials that we weren't told of. But, all in all it was very good and the prices were very reasonable. We would recommend the Oyster House!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

They have delicious fresh seafood in a quaint, rustic restaurant right on the water. Great service and a peaceful ambiance worthy of a stop for lunch after a tour of 10,000 Islands!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Their appetizer of gator nuggets sauteed in Olive Oil, is worth ordering. Generous portions, and attentive service, lots of memorabilia to look at on the walls. And they are located right across the street from the Everglades National Park.