We stayed in the lodge for one night and took advantage of the discount to rent canoes from the Ivey House. The staff was nice and helpful. Really great people. The rate for the lodge includes breakfast which was actually pretty good and better than many hotel buffets.
Staying in the lodge means using the shared bathrooms, but this was not a problem. The only downside to the room was that the walls are made of mobile home material so you can hear your neighbors and they can hear you. Also, there was only one window which faced the street, so we kept the shutters drawn for privacy. The room was small, so this made it feel even more so. If only they had splurged on either a balcony or better wall material, the room would've been much nicer. The lodge rooms seem to be mainly for folks who use the room to sleep and not much else. There is an option: for twice the amount of money, a full fledged hotel room can be had in the other side of the Ivey House by the swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida