1,184 results
All reviews kayak tour everglades national park shark valley indoor pool place to stay continental breakfast stayed one night hard boiled eggs fresh fruit room was large airboat alligators florida lodging accommodations irma fishing
Reviewed November 29, 2016

We learnt from our mistake last year and made sure we stayed in the Inn as the Lodge is more like bunk rooms. Although last year we were moved to the Inn on request after one night without a problem.

The room was spacious and clean with two Queen size beds, a small fridge and complimentary cosmetics.

The staff are friendly and helpful and helped with questions regarding the area or booking tours.

Considering the price, a fantastic buffet breakfast was included, which was stocked regularly.

We cannot fault this hotel for location and would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night at beginning Nov. The hotel is lovely, our room was spotless, beautifully decorated, very comfortable and had everything we needed. The hotel is a bit strange as the pool is inside near the rooms and the whole thing is enclosed by insect screens (which I suppose is a good thing given where it is ) also you have to go outside to apply insect repellant (not great when you've just showered and are half dressed). However that aside, the staff were friendly, the free coffee was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the free breakfast especially making my own waffle.
The Everglades on the other hand I was not over impressed with, apart from the airboat ride (this was amazing). We were extremely limited in where we could eat (in the evening ) the place we chose was really quiet (despite having been busy in the afternoon ) and although the food was ok, there was little choice and everything was shut by 9pm. We found ourselves back at the hotel whispering so as not to wake other guests. Won't be visiting again which is a shame as the Ivey House Hotel was lovely.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2016

All the room doors face the inside which is an open area that has a pool. Would be a good place to have a relaxing girls weekend. Staff was very friendly, everything was clean. I wish the continental breakfast had some bacon or sausage or scrambled eggs, that's my only suggestion.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

We stayed one night and the hotel was nice and clean but our room had a musty smell. I was looking forward to a better-than-average breakfast since it is called a "Bed and Breakfast". I was very disappointed in their less than desirable fare. We had better free breakfasts at the La Quinta hotel. No meat, no eggs (except hard boiled), no hot foods except the standard make your own waffles. The fruit was good though!

We have stayed at a bed-and-breakfast before and the meals were amazing with egg casseroles, stuffed French toast, etc. I feel they need to rename it to Ivey House Hotel to make expectations more appropriate.

I will add they graciously gave us a roll away bed to use for free, the staff was also very kind and helpful and that is why I gave them 3 out of 5.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2016

Nice and clean hotel in Everglades City. Good place to start your journey. Nice pool, friendly staff, a small shop and ok breakfast. Not the fastest wifi. We booked the hotel direct from their homepage and priceniveau was ok. We could easily be 3 people int the big room.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends