My wife and I stayed at the Ivey House for 3 days. What a great trip to stay at the Ivey House. We stayed in the Inn as we like having a private bathroom - they also have the lodge w/ shared bathroom. This place was amazing!!!
From the moment we arrived (off the plane in Miami - get on the Tamiami and go west Feifel) - see the alligators, birds and turtles along the way. Front desk was very accomodating as we were early and got us a room that was ready after telling us it might be a little while. All the front desk was very helpful, kind and cheerful.
Room was comfortable and clean. Price was very good. I thought about the pool being screened in but after a few bites outside (and this was beginning of rainy season), makes a ton of sense.
We came for wildlife and are pretty quiet people. Went kayaking in the everglades and this was beyond amazing - took a guided tour as we did not really know anything about the glades. We were lucky enough to get Troy - he was able to work w/ those that had kayaked before as well as those who were brand new - made everyone feel comfortable. He has good knowledge of the area and is not afraid to say he does not know something (as opposed to making up an answer) He used the right amount of talking and quiet to make the trip peaceful. Although we had almost a full crew, it was still very enjoyable. Airboats are not our style.
Ken and his wife (sorry forgot the name) were extremely helpful. Each day we were asked what we had done and what we were up to. We used Everglades city as our base for exploring the area. Ken also seemed to understand as he approached the guests, who did and did not want to talk - a unique talent. They know the area and restaurants and had many recommendations.
Food each morning was very good - buffet style and plenty to get you going. Coffee, tea and water available throughout the day for free. And they try to be eco (and doing pretty good job) which seemed kinda rare on our trip to Florida.
We met some friends at this place (were made to feel like family - in a good way) and plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida