If your expecting a bed and breakfast this is not the place for you. It did have a bed but the cold cuts, cereal and toast provided was awful. It didn't even meet the standards of a continental breakfast that most motels provide. No eggs, no bacon, no sausage, no biscuits,
no pancakes, no waffles, no pastries etc.. I was told by the manager that they cater to "european" tourist and this is what they like for breakfast! REALLY!!!! The Ivey House is a 1950,s vintage motel. The TV is an old cathode ray model with limited channels. The AC unit is a standard, loud, below the window motel unit. The swimming pool was very small and was only 4' deep at the deep end. It was more like a small wading pool. Do not waste your time and money on an airboat ride at "Speedys" next door which they recommend for $37 per person. A 1 hour ride is really 40 minutes when you include the times the operator stops to "look" at mangroves. The entire tour is limited to a few acres of mangroves from which channels have been cut. The airboat is never able to attain much speed. The airboat never leaves the mangroves and does not go over grasslands as advertised. There are so many airboats traversing the mangroves its like an airport. We saw 1 bird and 1 alligator .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida