Our family of 4 booked two rooms at the Ivey House during the peak holiday season. To be honest, we booked the rooms first because we wanted to take the Mangrove Tunnel Eco Adventure tour. I figured we'd benefit from the expertise of a guide....and we did. Our kayak trip was one of the highlights of our Fla. vacation. We arrived in Everglades City very early in the morning to catch our kayak full day adventure. Guests receive 20% discount on the tours. When we returned in the late afternoon our rooms were ready for us. We booked our rooms in the original Lodge section of the Ivey House. I knew they were going to be rather spartan from the info. on the website. Their website accurately depicts the property. They were very simple, but they were fine for our one night stay. As long as you don't mind going down the hall to the bathrooms you'll be o.k. There is a very nice lounge area with TV, etc. available for the guests in this part of the house. We took advantage of the pool in the late afternoon. Pool is great. Front desk staff recommended a great dinner restaurant for us. Everglades City is pretty remote. You're not coming here for luxury, but we had a wonderful time exploring this area of the Everglades. Breakfast in the morning was more than adequate: scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereal, juices, fresh fruits, etc. In short: a full hot and cold spread. I think this full buffet is only offered during the winter season. We did have beautiful weather. I would definitely recommend the Ivey House to anyone who enjoys the natural beauty of the Everglades or to those who wish to explore it for the first time. The front desk staff is very informative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the magic of this secret paradise located in the heart of historic Everglades City. The Inn is the first Florida Certified Green Lodging in Collier County and features free WiFi, a scrumptious breakfast, a relaxing pool, and a friendly staff available to assist you easy access into unique and breathtaking areas of Everglades National Park. For 30 years the Harraden family has provided travelers ways to explore this World Treasure. Make a Dream Vacation Your Reality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Ivey House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey House Hotel Everglades City
- Ivey House Everglades City, Florida