This consisted a group of modern wooden cabins and a good heated pool on the edge of town next to a lovely river complete with pelicans and mangroves. It is a very quiet location and very relaxing. The huts are owned by individuals and they are let through the shop which also sells a few basics, as well as offering to supply breakfasts and lunches to order. Take your own bread etc as there is none to be had. We got subs made up at the gas station on the turn off on the 41. The place is run by a very chilled guy who pretty much pointed us in the right direction and left us to our own devices - hence not finding the comp coffee available in the shop until we were checking out (there was no kettle for some strange reason and ever tried making toast in a microwave?) The attached restaurant was closed (seasonal?) but the bar was very much open (2.30pm on Sat and a live band until 11ish on Sun!) Having said all that, with the air con and the fan on it didn't stop us sleeping as the shop seemed to block most of the noise - the beds were very comfortable and we all slept well.
We had a bedroom with a small shower/loo and a sink in the room, plus a front room with a small table and chairs plus a bed settee. The owners left a friendly note, plus an info file and a phone no. for us to call if needs be. The only downside was that the owners request that ornaments are not removed as they had lost a few. We also had a pillow missing which had been pinched - sad! There was a bug screen surrounding the back door area with a bbq/seating. The only problem was that however hard we tried mozzies got inside both net and house. We needed bug repellant all day long and still got bitten - A LOT!!! As soon as it rains they hatch and we were a few days too late!
If we ended up in that neck of the woods again we would stay there but well before the mozzies become an issue!
(check out the Shark Valley two-hour educational tram ride to find out what the area is all about and the fan boats are fun though our 8 year old was terrified - perhaps the "Speedy" in the owners name should have been a warning!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ultimate in adventurous comfort! Known world-wide for great fishing, Glades Haven in Everglades City sits nestled on the western edge of Everglades National Park. With accommodations ranging from 1 bedroom duplex cabins, full cabins with kitchenettes to waterfront rental homes, there is something for all ages and every budget. The on-site marina gives instant access to the Gulf and the Bay, and is the only place in the county where you can rent state-of-the-art Sundance boats including a flats boat. we offer a Full service property which includes a restaurant and bar, deli, store, live bait and kayak tours and rentals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Glades Haven Cozy Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glades Haven Cozy Cabins Hotel Everglades City
- Glades Haven Cozy Cabins Everglades City, Florida