“Gator”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Palmdale, California
“Gator”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

great spot looking over the water. Good food, good service.
must get the gator nuggets!
When i was there it wasn't crowded at all, was able to be seated right away. I heard visting during winter can be a little crowded

Visited August 2013

Lloret de Mar, Spain
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Maybe this is the best place where you can have your lunch or dinner in Everglades City, but it doesn't mean that it's a great place.
With a varied menu, the dishes are too simple, with any elaboration, but abundant, however.
The place is nice, but it's tired, needing an urgent renovation.
The service is nice, but in a restaurant were the prices and the menu aim to reach a certain level, the waitress can't wear trainers, for example.
My sensation was that it is a restaurant that WAS really good, and now is alive more for his name than for all you receive.
However, there are not more much options in Everglades City.

Visited July 2013
“Some of the best gator and frog legs I've ever tasted!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My family and I went on an airboat tour with Captain Kenny (best airboat captain and hilarious) and he recommended the Seafood Depot for lunch. We didn't care for the inside seating (a bit outdated and dark) but outside on the water. We ordered a little of everything and not any complaints. They have a huge menu and children's menu (also very well priced- $4.00 for all items including soft drink). Our waitress was perfect and we were never in need of anything! Then we asked if there were coloring books and crayons for one of our smaller children and our waitress (curly dark blonde-feel bad for not remembering her name) went to her car and gave us her child's coloring book and crayons! That was sweet of her. Anyway, without a doubt the best alligator and frog we've ever had. Also, our waitress recommended their coconut cake which she said the owners wife makes them from an old family recipe and it was to die for! I hope to come back down for a visit during stone crab season next time!

Yorktown, Virginia
“Very Ordinary”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I think that this is the worst review I have ever given a place. Normally, I am optimistic by nature and tend to see the best in every place we travel. My husband suggested that I give it a 1. That I would not do but it may have deserved a lower rank. The lady at the Everglades Museum suggested that we eat there and ask for Lisa. We asked for Lisa and the hostess said that, although Lisa was working, she would give us to Betty. And that was how the rest of the visit went. The sweet tea was turning and everyone ordered sweet tea...and then had to change their orders to coke. My son ordered the Everglades Special but they were out of two of the three items on the special. We tried to order fried green tomatoes but they didn't have them. The "extensive salad bar" was not. We read the Trip Advisor reviews but wanted to give them a chance. Do not make the same mistake.

New York
“Oh my”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

After a long day on the Tamiami Trail, we were looking for a nice dinner - and every place that was recommended was closed (on a Saturday night!). Yes, it is off season, but the hotels were full and it was curious.

When we found Seafood Depot we considered ourselves lucky - until we started our dinner. The salad buffet items were 'old' - the lettuce was wilted, tomatoes were sour; the fried appetizer breading was so thick it was difficult to discern what one was eating; the tables sticky; the wait staff more interested in their friends in the lobby and entertaining a little girl who appeared to be one of their group.

How sad and disappointing. This could be a destination to recommend to others. A lovely salad bar, with very good prices, and a full seafood menu. They will even cook your catch.

The other curiosity: they had a chalkboard asking customers to rate them on tripadvisor. What are they thinking?