“Fun day and great fishing with cpt. Derrick”

Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Back country and offshore fishing in the Everglades;around the 10,000 Islands in Everglades National Park. We can take up to four people and license and tackle is provided. We offer 1/2, 3/4 and full days. Captain Derrick is coast guard licensed and insured, has been in the business for 16 years and is a local native. Most coveted species are snook, redfish, trout, tarpon, and snapper.
Orlando, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun day and great fishing with cpt. Derrick”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My friends and I fish somewhere every year. We fish for Salmon in Alaska and Tarpon in Costa Rica. We also fish in Boca Grande but this trip to Everglades City was a big surprise. Fishing with Cpt Derrick was not only fun as his knowledge of the area was amazing but he put us on some great fish. We caught numerous large reds and some serious snook. My largest snook on the trip was 36 inches and I broke off a couple that were larger. Cpt. Derrick will have to put up with us again as we will be back. THANKS Capt for a great trip.
Mack Parker

Visited November 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Memorable”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

From the time we met Derrick at the restaurant for breakfast he was just a blast. Great personality and funny. His real asset is the ability to put you on fish. I had fished for years on the piers of Florida for snook and never caught one. My first snook with Derrick was 30". That just made my day. I will definitely be back. Beautiful scenery and great fishing. Good music to but I don't know about the singing LOL. Thanks Derrick for a great day.

Visited October 2013
ldaffin, Owner at Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review. We appreciate your business and are truly glad you enjoyed your day!
Panama City, Florida
“First Snook”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Captain Derrick is a hoot. We laughed and cut up the whole time we were with him. A friend and I spent Sept. 4 & 5, 2013 with him in the Everglades Snook fishing. He is a great guy and a great guide. The Snook were not biting very well, but Derrick searched until he found them. I caught my first Snook with him. My friend caught a 36" Snook. We both caught our limit of Red fish both days. WHEN I go back, I will fish with him again.
If you want to catch fish in the Everglades, go with Captain Derrick Daffin. He will do everything to make sure you catch some fish. Great guy and great time. Couldn't ask for a better person. I now think of him as a good friend.

Visited September 2013
ldaffin, Owner at Captain Derrick's Guide Service - Day Tours, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post a picture; We appreciate your business and are sincerely glad you enjoyed the day!

Capt Derrick says hello and hopes to see you again soon!
Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Should have his own reality show”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Full of down home profundities, humor to match the age and gender of his guests, and a man that knows his way through the Everglades; you cannot go wrong with Captain Derrick. The Everglades and Ten Thousand Islands are truly one of Americas's great treasures, the best way to see the glades is with a guide, whether it be fishing, birding or just sightseeing and Captain Derrick will reward you with a memorable visit. Don't forget to tip him or you may end up left on a mangrove island in Shark River.........

William Slade-Tampa Florida

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, a funny one at that! - We appreciate it and your continued business!

Until next time....:)
Naples, Florida
“Perfect Gift”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I took my husband on a fishing trip with Captain Derrick for our 4th anniversary. It ended up being the perfect gift for him. We both had a blast, and Captain Derrick made sure both of us caught a fish before we headed back to land. It doesn't matter how experienced you are at fishing, you'll catch one before the day is over! When we got back to land, he cut and cleaned it all for us, and let me tell ya, redfish is some of the most delicious fish you will ever eat!

Visited August 2013
Thanks for the review and pics! We are glad you enjoyed the day and we appreciate your business!