Everglades Isle RV Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Everglades City
See available hotels
Everglades City Motel(Everglades City)
View Hotel
Captain's Table Resort(Everglades City)
  • Beachfront
Marriott's Crystal Shores(Marco Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsseafood festivalbarron rivermotor coachair boatpaversairboatnoisegoldiefacilitiesmarinaspagatorslandscapinghostsfloridanaples
Reviewed April 5, 2015

We have been coming to Everglades Isle for the last 4 years and we never fail to have a wonderful time - the managers, Janine and Ralph are always the first happy faces we see and it just gets better from there. We have made good friends with both renters and owners and have a great time with them all either on the docks fishing or in the beautiful Club House when we get a bit "parched". We look forward to seeing them all again next winter and making more new friends!!

Stayed: February 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gary C
Reviewed April 5, 2015

Our first visit was February and March 2014. It was our first time in a "long-term" camping arrangement. The longest we had ever stayed in one place before this was two weeks. When we arrived, we were taken back by the beauty of the park. The actual name of the facility is "Everglades Isle Motorcoach Retreat". That is important because it is for Class "A" motor homes and is truly a retreat or resort and not an RV park. The first day there we met our neighbors and they were friendly and welcoming. It went up hill after that. Everyone in the whole park was friendly and very social. Our experience kept getting better and better. The park is small which gives it the feel of a small town. Everglades City is a beautiful "Old Florida" town. If you are looking for fancy restaurants, modern shoppes, and upscale amenities, this is not the place for you. If you love seafood (especially Grouper and Stone Crab) there are four restaurants within walking distance that provide a comfortable indoor or outdoor atmosphere appropriate for shorts, T-shirt and flip-flops. It is like a low scale Key West without the trappings and panhandling. Don't worry, the restaurants also serve burgers, chicken, pizza and other food if you don't like seafood. If you want upscale restaurants and modern shoppes, Marco Island and Naples are a short drive away (25-30 miles each way). In Everglades City you can also purchase fresh local seafood and "Fresh from Florida" frozen seafood if you wish to prepare it yourself.

You will want to be fully stocked with your favorite staples when you get here if you are staying short-term. The Walmart, Publix, Lowe's, CVS, Walgreen's and other stores are located in Naples near the intersection of US-41 (Tamiami Trail) and Collier Blvd which is approximately 30 miles from the resort. There is a small grocery store in Everglades City as well as a couple of well stocked convenience stores and a small liquor store.

The Lighthouse Club on site has a swimming pool, hot tub, small movie theater with Netflix subscription, fitness center, spa, ping pong, billiards, corn hole (or bean bags) laundry, and bath/shower facilities. The bar is open sevens days from 4 PM to 9 PM (sometimes later). If you let the bartender know they will even serve you drinks at the pool and hot tub. Every two weeks or so (during the busy season) you can sign up for a pontoon boat ride that leaves from the resort and will show you some of the Ten Thousand Islands. It is free (small tips to the captain welcomed but not required) and you can bring a small cooler with your favorite beverage and snacks. On that tour it is not unusual to see dolphins, manatees, and all kinds of birds.

The Lighthouse Club also offers golf cart rentals. The carts have a permit on them which allow you to travel outside of the resort and all over Everglades City (not allowed on streets with a posted speed limit of 35 MPH or greater). You can also bring your own golf cart but you will need to purchase a permit from the City of Everglades for $25. Once you get a golf cart you won't drive your car unless you're heading out of the town.

If you love to fish, this community is the best. You can fish right off of the dock and catch Snook, Red Drum, Black Drum, etc. After you clean the fish at the onsite fish cleaning station, two of the local restaurants will cook them to your liking if you don't want to cook them yourself. For the more passionate angler there are plenty of charter fishing Captains that will take you to the back waters, inshore, or offshore.

If you have your own boat, the resort has a marina with a boat ramp, docks with utilities (fee required) and fuel. If you tow your boat behind your motorhome, someone is usually here with a pickup truck or other suitable vehicle to assist you with deploying your boat. I personally have a 4X4 diesel pickup truck and would be happy to assist anyone with a boat if I'm available. If you tow a boat or cargo trailer the resort has a secured storage lot. Again, someone is usually available to assist parking it so you don't have to do it with your motorhome.

WORD OF CAUTION: There are no beaches in the resort or close by. I saw someone posted a picture on TripAdvisor showing the beach "here". That picture is of Indian Key which is only accessible by boat. You will see it if you take the pontoon ride or rent a boat. I believe the closest beach is Marco Island which approximately 25 miles from the resort.

Another word of caution for young families is the resort is adult oriented. While families with children are certainly welcomed, there is no playground and no organized activities for young kids. That being said, my kids and grandchildren have visited us here and were not void of activity on a short-term stay. There is a lot to do in the surrounding area such as airboat rides, park service tours and sight seeing. Bring a bicycle or two. The quiet community surrounding the resort is perfect for riding (or jogging) along the Barron River (no traffic) and taking in the views and local architecture. All of the restaurants have bicycle parking should you get hungry during your ride.

As far as reviews on the noise from the airboats, my opinion is you need to take a ride on one to change your perspective. The airboats are a major attraction and a large source of income and jobs to Everglades City. More than two-thirds of the lots in the resort are void of extreme noise when the boats are operating and would allow you to carry on a normal conversation at your site. Local ordinance prohibits the boats from operating before 9:00 AM and after 6:00 PM. Most of them shut down around 5:30 PM. There are some lots directly across the river from two airboat businesses. The noise is loud during the peak season when all of the boats are in operation. However, those lots are cheaper to rent because of that and those lots give you a peaceful riverfront view between the hours of 5:30 PM to 9:00 AM. Most people I've talked to have no problem with the noise. The key is to speak to the office when making the reservation and they will explain the differences of the various sites based on view, noise, etc.

Lastly, we booked this year for three months and decided we love it so much that we decided to purchase a lot. We decided to make this place our Winter home because of the people, the local community, the weather and the beautiful amenities here. Stop by Lot #58 and knock on my door. We would be happy to meet you and assist you with enjoying Everglades Isle and Everglades City. (I am not an employee of the resort and am not being compensated for this review. It is my true honest opinion and expresses my passion for this resort)

Room Tip: There are three or four WiFi transmitters around the resort. If you are not near one of them, you will not be happy with the WiFi. If you absolutely have to have WiFi you may want to communicate that to the office when you make the reservation.
Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
5  Thank John G
Reviewed March 22, 2015

One of the best RV parks on the planet. Resort Managers, Janine and Ralph, were a pleasure to work with, very accommodating, and do a phenomenal job. The grounds are well maintained and the clubhouse is second to none. The people in the park who are owners are very welcoming and include us in a lot of their activities which is special. Been here twice and each time we have enjoyed the beauty of "Old Florida".

Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Ambria56
Reviewed March 17, 2015

This is a "Class A" Motorcoach Resort in Everglades City Florida. The most beautiful Resort we have ever had the opportunity to visit. This Resort is located 3 miles South of Tamiami Trail (Hwy. 41) on SR 29, at the start of the Florida Everglades National Park. The Resort itself is situated on the Barron River, you can actually catch fish from the front of you Coach. The resort has a "Pier License" which allows the renters and owners to fish from the gorgeous dock system which borders the entire Resort adjacent to the Barron River without obtaining a Florida Fishing License. I have read some posts in regard to Air Boats. Yes there are air boats which operate from approximately 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.. Yes the air boats make noise as they are powered by engines which turns huge fans. I personally enjoy the air boats and we wave to the Captains and their passengers when we sit in front of our Coach and our Coach is located on the waterfront, the scenery constantly changes which we also Love. People you are in the Everglades!!!!!! You don't have noise from an over abundance of vehicle traffic, noise created by City Busses and the smell from them also, constant honking of horns, well you get the picture. If you don't like seeing or hearing Air Boats / fishing boats / crab boats etc.. DON'T COME TO EVERGLADES ISLE!!!! We Winter in the Resort and have for three years now, personally we obviously Love the Resort and for the most part the RVer's who visit, except for the people who COMPLAIN about the what the Resort and the surroundings offer! We enjoy Life and a Major part of our Life is to live the rest of our days in as POSITIVE mode as possible! So anyone who doesn't enjoy the Everglades and what it stands for, do us all a favour, keep your NEGATIVITY and stay away!! I Thank You in advance for your co-operation, it is appreciated. Those who would like to experience a Beautiful Resort at the door step of the Everglades I encourage you to make your reservation to experience a wonderful RVer's destination. If you happen to come to Everglades Isle you may want to own part of Paradise and you can as there are Lots for sale. We are in sixth motorhome, so we have seen our share of Parks and Campgrounds and this place is without a doubt the number 1 in our books! In regard to the person who posted about the occupants (owners of Lot 59 & 60). They made mention of an "over the top" Prevost Coach. It is a gorgeous 2016 Prevost and the owners have worked and still working damned hard for what they have. People have many different things as their priority and it just so happens their priority is to own a piece of Paradise and to be housed by the most comfortable living accommodations to their liking which is allowed into the Resort, this is their priority! So the statement "over the top" could have read "I am jealous of what they have because I know I will never be able to own one". I to will never be able to own one unless my Lottery ticket comes in but I am happy and respect anyone who has worked hard for what they have, not handed to them but has worked for what they have obtained. Secondly on the noise that comes from their Coach?? Some people like listening to music more than others and they fall in this category and the Rules & Regulations of this Resort stipulates that quiet hours start at 10:00 p.m. and they always turn off their music by then. So for those people who have their cup half empty, find another Resort, for those who's cup is half full, come and join the camaraderie of a small Resort as this is NOT a mega park. These people also share their food / drinks and their accommodations on a regular basis with the other people in the Resort, so if you haven't been included, I wonder why???
Oh by the way I will also post my name because I am not attempting to hide behind my words. Lonnie McIntyre

Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lonnie M
Reviewed March 17, 2015

I walked in from my nearby painting location looking for a rest room, and found more--ice water and a golf cart ride back to my easel. The interior was luxurious including the bathroom, though I wa told a fancier ladies room could be found downstairs.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends