“Great time had by all”

Capt Mitch's - Everglades Private Airboat Tours
Ranked #10 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Captain Mitch's Thrilling Everglades airboat tours. The only all grassland airboat tour in the Everglades city area. Owned and operated by one of the oldest families in Everglades city Florida.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We had a great experience at Capt Mitch's, we had a reservation and they got us right out once we checked in. Captain Stanford was very knowledgable, we saw lot's of birds and multiple alligators.

1  Thank David G

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had always wanted to do an airboat ride and I was so glad I choose this one. James was our guide and he was so knowledgeable and fun. He made the ride go by so fast that I could have gotten right back on and went again. We went in the middle of the afternoon, but the weather was great. The grasslands and wildlife of the Everglades was great to see up close. I would highly recommend this ride and ask for Jasmes.

1  Thank Cynthia D
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Seeing the Everglades thru the expert eyes of our fantastic tour guide, and funny too, was just a good way to spend our day, exploring, filming, taking pictures, and experiencing everything that you may find in a controlled mini adventure.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Our family went to Capt. Mitch's after viewing other airboat tour companies online. I felt this had a "Ma & Pa" type feel to the site based on their website and reviews, and in my opinion my observation was correct. We do not care for the more overt corporate based attractions. We did make reservations one day in advance, but while we were there numerous people just showed up and asked to be taken out, all that we saw were accommodated with the longest wait I heard stated was 1 hr. Conrad was our captain, and was one of those lucky ones that loves his job and it shows. I would suggest purchasing the earplugs for little ones or noise sensitive people. Personally I like the sounds of a loud engine, and air rushing past my ears. Conrad hit the nail on the head when he said before the ride, "we're gonna stop and talk a little bit, go slow a little bit, go fast a little bit, AND go sideways a little bit". After the ride he pulled out two juvenile gators from an aquarium that were safe to handle and let all who wanted to, hold them and take pics, under his direct supervision of coarse. I will be returning with my family and friends for more.

1  Thank Dale323
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We spent some time in the Everglades last month and wanted to go on an air boat ride. I looked on yahoo and found several ......there are many to choose from. This one was quite close to where we were staying. We booked the first ride out in the morning, just my husband and I . We got there as they were readying the boats and our captain, Rick had us on the water in a mater of moments. Even before we got started, an alligator swam in front of us. Then a bit later, we saw another....quite close! We spotted numerous shore birds and even a rosette spoonbill! The hour went by way too fast. When we got back, Rick let us hold a baby gator. Actually a pretty cute little guy! My husband can't stop,talking about that ride! We had a great time. Thanks Rick!!!!!

1  Thank roadtoretirement