“What an amazing day in the swamp!”

Captain Steve's Swamp Buggy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Me and my family are 6th gen.Gladesman and would love to show you the Big Cypess National Preserve the largest subtropical swamp in the USA where plants and animals grow and live no where else in the world.See the elusive Panther,black bear,wading birds,deer,its a photo opurtunitie of a life time.Call and talk with me and lets plan a trip.I LOVE MY JOB!!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Evansville, Indiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What an amazing day in the swamp!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Got to the meeting site before dawn so we could see the sunrise at Big Cypress on the buggy! Spent 4+ hours on the buggy....who knew there was so much to see in the swamp? Saw a spectacular sunrise, lots of wildlife, beautiful flowers including orchids and even bear and panther tracks! Our guide Otis was awesome! So knowledgeable and so much fun! He was always making sure we were comfortable and he would stop anytime we wanted for pictures. The buggy was nice and enclosed enough to feel safe but open enough to be able to see everything and was well above the ground. Keep in mind that there are no facilities or places to eat in the swamp, so come prepared with an empty bladder, bottled water and snacks. Would highly recommend this place! Had a blast!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lisaas

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun family trip”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took 3 teenagers on this trip and had a really good time. Our tour guide was Otis and he was the best. We learned things and saw things you would normally not see or know about the Swamps. I think men in our group were more amused by how the made the swamp buggys then anything else.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mitchellk73
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I WILL be back!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My sister and I took an afternoon tour with Otis as our guide. He was as polite as he was passionate about the Everglades. He answered enthusiastically every question I asked, and seemed to genuinely appreciate my interest. He made it clear from the outset of our adventure that he was eager to make the trip "our trip". He would stop any time we wanted for as long as we wanted. He lowered and raised the Bimini top at our requests. Blankets, water, sunscreen, and umbrellas were provided on the buggy, as well as a pair of binoculars. We did not see a panther or a bear, but wildlife is better than zoo life. I appreciate the unseen. I will schedule another trip soon, but definitely for more than an afternoon.

Visited November 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great family trip!!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our family had a wonderful time on our tour with Otis as our guide. Otis was wonderful and very knowledgeable, he was great with our sons (8 & 10) he explained things in fun easy ways that they would understand. We saw a lot of deer on our trip and were able to stop and watch them. Otis also stopped and pointed out several different animal tracks, which the boys were extremely excited about. We live in central Florida and will definitely return on our next trip south for another buggy tour with this great company. Captain Steve and his guys make you feel like part of the family.

Visited November 2013
Pembrokeshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Take care giving cedit card details”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I booked this trip in sept by e-mail and Captain Steve took the $250 payment twice. I understand this can happen so asked him for a refund which he said he would do.

I still had not received the refund by the time I actually travelled to Miami on Oct 9th. Due to the government shutdown the everglades was closed but Captain Steve did not inform me the trip was cancelled until 1030pm the night before and I did not read the e-mail until 7am the next morning when my family were already packed up ready to meet him. To say we were gutted would be an understatement. Of course the shutdown was out of his control but we should have been informed straight away.

So now captain steve owes me $500 and despite repeated attempts to get a full refund I have had to inform my credit card company of the problem and they are now dealing it.

We were really looking forward to what looks like a great trip but to be still waiting for my $500 refund is a joke.

Visited October 2013
6 Thank garethlfc
BuggyTours, Owner at Captain Steve's Swamp Buggy Adventures, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
My tours are one of the best in town and i love my job Credit card has been refunded and i'm very sory about your problems you cant reach my my credit card company by prone and is very discouaging.I have swithched and now have a real person to talk to now with problerms.You and your family have a TOUR ON THE HOUSE ANYTIME YOUR IN FLA.I am a one man operation and the 16 days of closure hurt.They where opening it everydfay and i emailed you after the news at 10.30 i would hate to cancel you and the open the next hour.That is out of my hand anyway.My greatest appoligies and god bless.Captain Steve