“Great tour. Great Guide”

Captain Steve's Swamp Buggy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Me and my family are 6th gen.Gladesman and would love to show you the Big Cypess National Preserve the largest subtropical swamp in the USA where plants and animals grow and live no where else in the world.See the elusive Panther,black bear,wading birds,deer,its a photo opurtunitie of a life time.Call and talk with me and lets plan a trip.I LOVE MY JOB!!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Missouri, United States
“Great tour. Great Guide”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Captain Steve is very knowledgeable about Big Cypress and its history. He is able to answer almost any question. There were only four people on the tour (including myself). It felt like the tour was unique to our group; tailored to our experience and background. Just about anyone could enjoy this tour, except maybe small children because it is a 6 hour tour. Don't let the cost of the tour deter you, it is well worth it. Captain Steve also donates his time and money to charitable organizations. It was a fantastic tour that can only be given by a passionate nature enthusiast.

Visited October 2012
BuggyTours, Owner at Captain Steve's Swamp Buggy Adventures, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you for the great review we do try to spend as much time with everyone although the tour usually take between 3 to 4 hours we allow 5 hours or more for the ones that want to take a few more pictures I only do two tours a day so we can spend a lot of time with you.Thanks again hope to see you again. Captain Steve I LOVE MY JOB!

Tampa, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“True Lover of Nature”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We called at the last minute and got onto a buggy with Capt. Steve with another great couple for a sunset ride. It was the highlight of our whole trip to Everglades City. We did not see many animals but the true beauty was mother nature herself. We got to watch the sun go down and enjoy an afternoon shower to cool us off. You could tell Capt. Steve loves what he does when he did not want to get out of the rain. There will definately be a return trip and we will for sure be bringing friends along. Thank you Capt. Steve for a relaxing swamp trip from your new friends in Tampa.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Clint M
Naples, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Better education than in a classroom”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My buddy asked me to go and we did and I had an absolute blast. Captain Steve was so knowledgeable about the Big Cypress Park is was a great. You could ask him a question about anything in the wildlife and he would give you the answer. The history he was talking about was absolutely awesome and would go back just to hear more. Thanks Captain Steve for the trip and I look forward to going with you again.

Visited February 2012
BuggyTours, Owner at Captain Steve's Swamp Buggy Adventures, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I thank you for you response I enjoy the tours as much as you do hope to see you again.Captain Steve
Naples, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disney could not produce anything better than this ride!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

It was amazing, First the swampbuggy itself was an uique vertical to ride in and Captain Steve was a great guide and we enjoyed being with him. We had a ride of a life time deep in the heart of the Big Cypress Swamp. We saw deer and Alligators, the day was beatuiful !

Visited May 2012
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Search elsewhere - Very Disappointed”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

No wildlife, no deer, no bear, no panther, no alligators, few birds, few diversity in plant species - Do not expect much.
UNSAFE, repeat UNSAFE
On the tour, we saw grasslands, a couple wild flowers, ten insects, a hundred or so tress, one blue heron and a couple ibises. Saw more from the car on US41 on the drive in.
We feel compelled to encourage you to search elsewhere for a tour. Time and gas to get here was not worth the tour.

Website did not accurately represent tour. Guide said as we entered into the grasslands, "Don't expect to see any wildlife," and added, there will be no alligators. On this point, he was accurate.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank FamilyExplorerOH
BuggyTours, Owner at Captain Steve's Swamp Buggy Adventures, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
There is some things I can't help Taking a tour in the first National Preserve in the USA we don't feed wildlife and can't promise to see any my tours are not a thrill ride and i try to let everyone know that.All i can do is my best sorry that you was unhappy i wish you would of said something to me on the tour.I thought you enjoyed it at least that's what you said sorry again hope you find what you are looking for next time in a tour.I LOVE MY JOB