“Mangrove River Tour”

st. louis. mo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Mangrove River Tour”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Our group of eight arrived at the park and after much discussion decided to take the tour at $40.00 per person. We had to be split up into two different boats because they only allow six passengers per boat. Our captain was Steve. We left the dock and headed for the mangroves. We stopped along the way and Steve pointed out birds and a few manatees but nothing out of the ordinary. Finally made it to the mangroves and that was cool but nothing more than that. As we headed back I noticed a sign on the boat stating that tips are appreciated. When we arrived back at the dock I noticed a couple that was not in our group did not tip Steve. As my friends started to get off I was behind them and was climbing out and Steve made mention "Maybe I should have taken the other boat because he didn't get anything" He also said out loud and I mean loud "I don't get paid for this I work for tips!" Really......he works for free??? I think that was pretty rude and he just kept it up. We did end up tipping him (don't know why). He continued to mouth off as we walked away. When the other boat with our group showed up they said he kept making remarks about us and that their boat sure was tipping well....Needless to say Steve I think you need a new job. Its a National Park and you surely don't belong there. I would not recommend this attraction at all.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank cleaning

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mangrove river tour was awesome!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came in the off season and lucked out as the only 2 guests on the boat (which can handle up to 6). I was very happy that they didn't try to reschedule us with another group of 2 that followed. Our guide was knowledgeable, gave us time to take pictures of birds and a dolphin, and the manatees came right up to our boat! Thanks for a great time!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank DerekandCassie
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“love the everglades”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We have visited the everglades for many times and believe me if you like nature you will never get bored! Its most beautyful..a lot af different species..like the birds and the turtles, the alligators of course and my last but not least my favorite in the golf of Mexico the dolphins! One occasion we were honored to see manatees as well...this felt like magic..it was wintertime and they like to stay close to the power plants...this is were we saw them...thank you earth for this unbeatable breathtaking place! But only go when you really love and appreciate nature!

Visited October 2012
Boulder, Colorado
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Couldn't understand guide”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

$32 boat trip. Guide from the Caribbean. I could only understand about 1/2 of what he was saying, heavy accent, very frustrating. He seemed to know a lot, but also seemed sarcastic and not too friendly, although not shy about asking for a tip at the end.

Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We Loved the Mangrove Tour”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a very interesting and personal tour led by a guide who has grown up in the Everglades. We learned all about the Everglades ecosystem and got up-close-and-personal with both the vegetation and wildlife. The day was perfect, that is, sunny but not too hot. For a very reasonable price, we saw more and had more fun than we expected.

Enjoy!