“Lousy service, ignorant managers”

Everglades National Park Boat Tours
Ranked #12 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
Bonita Springs, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lousy service, ignorant managers”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

My son rented a kayak. It had a hole in it and sank leaving him stranded in the mangroves. I notified them of the situation, they failed to contact the park service and report my sons problems as they are required to do immediately when someone is in danger , they then charged my credit card $675 for there defective vessel. We contacted the NPS and they were very understanding but said their was little they can do as they are a contractor. This company is a disaster waiting to happen as they do not maintain their equipment. Stay away, far far away. If you must go read the release contract you sign before using their services

Visited March 2011
6 Thank mgh122

TN
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Somewhat interesting”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

This tour covered the water part of the park and complements the Shark Valley tram tour to give you a pretty good overview of everything in the Everglades. We saw dolphins jumping in the wake of the boat, lots of mangrove islands (gets boring), and some birds. Good narrative from the captain, but we didn't see a lot of wildlife or much of anything else besides water. Still, this is part of the park and it was informative.

Bernalillo, New Mexico
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“OK tour, but only if price is highest consideration”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We recently took this trip with visitors, and wished we had opted for another tour albeit higher priced. However, this is about the most inexpensive way to get a look at the 10,000 Islands so if price is a strong consideration perhaps this trip would be a good choice. I was surprised upon boarding the vessel that there was no safety briefing. Not even a mention of life jackets. The captain did not introduce himself, nor did he use a PA system. We spent the first half hour watching manatees although the passengers were clearly ready to move on after the first 15 minutes. We received no information about the ecology or history of the area, and only a couple of incidental mentions of the more obvious bird species. Pretty disappointing as we have gone out from here in years past and had pretty good service and a more informational tour.

colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Ok, might go with someone else if I went again.”
Reviewed February 11, 2011

We went on the mangrove tour. It was a small boat that only had six seats, so very small and intimate, not a big crowded boat. Unfortunately, it seemed most of the time was was spent getting to the mangroves. Our guide was knowledgeable, but being offered via the Park Service we expected to learn more about the ecology and animals. I'd recommend checking into the ranger led activities, which should be on the nps website. There was a canoe trip lead by a ranger, we wished we would have done that, but it was only offered at 10am (4 hours), so we missed that.
We had a little trouble with the online reservations too. I booked the evening before (well before the 9am cut off), my credit card was charged, but I never received any confirmation email from them. I called the next morning to confirm they had received my reservation, but I didn't like not receiving a confirmation email.

New Orleans
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“great trip”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

As the other reviewers state one lady was handling everything and she wasn't the most pleasant but the trip made up for it. It was a small boat tour with 6 people and it went through the mangrove tunnels off of the river. It was truly amazing and the guide did a spectacular job. A wonderful trip to see the area. Absolutely beautiful.

1 Thank gozzi