“Second year in a row!”

Tour the Glades
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour The Glades is the Only exclusively Private tour operator in the Everglades! Quality instead of quantity is our goal...which means our guests receive 100% of our attention. We can only do one (maybe two) trips per day which makes each one very special. This approach is better for the environment and hands down the best way to explore the Everglades....just you and your own personal guide. We provide tours year round and all excursions are led by Native Naturalist Guides that provide EVERYTHING you'll need. Fresh seasonal fruit, cold bottled water and all the necessities are included. You won't need to purchase any additional items because we've thought of everything! We are priced the same as the group tour companies but only do Private Tours because Private is Best. You are our #1 priority.
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Second year in a row!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We loved our trip so much last year, we did a longer one this year. Last year we did the Experience the Everglades backcountry tour. Tod was very knowledgeable and patient, and having the tour limited to just our family of three was ideal. Kayaking quietly through the mangroves amongst the wildlife was fantastic (and we loved eating the blue crab he caught for lunch!). This year we did Journey of 10,000 Islands....from the original mangrove tunnels we kept going until we reached the river mouth and crossed the bay to Fakahatchee Island. Before the push across the bay, he had chilled oranges and dark chocolate for us for a break--now that lifts the spirit. As we crossed the bay, a pod of dolphins followed us and played next to us for half an hour--magical. We plan on returning next year and plan a third expedition with Tod!

Visited March 2014

• Finnish first
Chesaning, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Magical day!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

If you want to impress 4 teenagers this is the trip! My family of six did the 4 hour morning tour with Tod and it was BY FAR the highlight of our Florida trip! My kids can not stop talking about it! They were a little nervous when I told them we were going kayaking with alligators! But my family never felt more at ease than with the professional knowledge of our guide Tod. But it was so much more than alligators, we saw crabs, an osprey flying with a fish in mouth, a snake, countless birds, and all sorts of nature! Tod is a wealth of information. The trip is also very relaxing, at a relaxing pace. It is also shaded a lot of the time so heat was not a factor as I thought it would be. The four hours flew by, And did I mention beautiful! You paddle through Manrove tunnels and out into open bays,...just amazing. The price was so worth it! I could not do one excursion for my family on spring break anywhere near this cost, and not near as magical! Also Todd recommended a terrific restaurant after the tour in which was great fun!, If you want to make memories with your kids or spouse for years to come, book this trip with Tod, you will thank me!

Visited April 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun and educational adventure”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Tod was an exceptional guide kayaking through the everglades. He was knowledgeable, patient and a great guide. I would highly recommend his personal tours over the larger group tours. He even cataloged our trip in pictures that he emailed us.

Juchen, Germany
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The canoe was incredibly beautiful. To paddle through mangrove tunnels, to see Gators and learn a lot about the nature of the Everglades us will remain always a nice reminder. Thank you Jenny for that. On this tour, alligators are not scary, but it's just fascinating. Don't worry, here you are all incredibly well. Yours Marion + Volkmar

Visited April 2014
Thank Marion und Volk... K
Calgary, Canada
“Highlight of my trip to Florida”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I choose Tour the Glades from other Trip Advisor recommendations and it was by far the right choice. I couldn't have ask for more, the trip itself was very relaxing and Tod was so knowledgeable about the area and the environment. He always got back to me right away and was very accommodating, he even brought oranges and chocolate for us. A private tour is the way to go, this tour was by far the highlight of my trip....thanks Tod and I hope to see you again.

Visited March 2014