“The best for any amount of money!!”

Tour The Glades - Private Wildlife Tours
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tour The Glades is the Only exclusively Private tour operator in the Everglades! Quality instead of quantity is our goal...which means our guests receive 100% of our attention. We can only do one (maybe two) trips per day which makes each one very special. This approach is better for the environment and hands down the best way to explore the Everglades....just you and your own personal guide. We provide tours year round and all excursions are led by Native Naturalist Guides that provide EVERYTHING you'll need. Fresh seasonal fruit, cold bottled water and all the necessities are included. You won't need to purchase any additional items because we've thought of everything! We are priced the same as the group tour companies but only do Private Tours because Private is Best. You are our #1 priority.
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I brought a group of seniors to experience the Everglades - 15 people in all. They all wanted to take the kayak adventure Tod and I had worked out ,but as the time approached four of them became less brave. Never-the-less Tod was amazingly flexible, holding none of the four to their original commitment. I was not so forgiving. The trip we took with him and his other guide was unforgettable - four hours at sunset with stargazing and red-eyed gator spotting after dark. A flawless experience. My group ranged in age between 55 and 85; they were carefully prepared for the experience, were very comfortable with what we were going to do. And they are still talking about it.

4  Thank JimL34222

Reviewed March 25, 2012

If your ever in the Everglades, do yourself a favor and take a tour with Tod. He is the owner/operator of "Tour the Glades". My son and I recently returned from the Everglades and his favorite part of the trip was the tour with Tod. Like a previous poster, we caught blue crab on the trip and later had them for lunch at Joanie's. Tod was also very helpful in recommending other things to see and do while in the Everlades.

2  Thank Phil B
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I wanted to experience the “real” Everglades. No airboat rides, no swamp buggies, no souvenir shops and no crowds. We wanted to see nature by hiking, kayaking and visiting areas of local natural beauty. This was simply our personal preference...it may or may not be yours. But if you’re looking for this type of trip, look no further! Call Tod Dahlke at Tour the Glades. An enthusiastic and experienced guide, Tod took us on personal tour of the Everglades that we will never forget. Our pre-dawn trip began 6 am, and while it was still dark, it was a perfect time to begin the trip. The sounds of thousands of birds waking up were incredible, and the orange eyes of alligators reflecting in our miner’s head lamps (provided) told us that we were not alone in this magnificent wilderness. As the sun rose and we continued to explore the mangrove tunnels and river, the beauty of the Everglades became more and more apparent. We never saw another person on this trip until hours later, when two other kayakers appeared. We caught blue crabs and ate them for lunch at Joanie’s Blue Crab Café (Hemingway would have loved this place!). Thank you, Tod! You made our trip unforgettable!

3  Thank P_W_S341
Reviewed March 16, 2012

All the other "excellent" reviews of Tour the Glades were spot on. Todd is genial and fun, and his tour through a little known river in the Everglades was exactly what I was hoping to find in this otherwise crowded National Park. There was no one else on the water with us, just my daughter and I and Todd in kayaks. We saw gators and herons and blue crabs, yes, but mostly we experienced the Everglades as they were meant to be experienced: in silence and in solitude. A glorious trip.

2  Thank George K
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Touring the Glades with Tod was without a doubt the highlight of our trip. We met him at first light and he had all the gear ready to go, and we kayaked for around 4 hours. There were huge flocks of white egrets, ibis, white pelicans, many kingfisher, red shoulder hawk, and, oh yes, alligators! One swam right under my kayak but Tod was very cool and encouraging so I basically froze in place and the gator and I went our separate ways. Phew! All along the way Tod deftly caught blue crab and threw them in the bucket he'd brought with him, and afterwards we had a feast at Joanie's Blue Crab Cafe. What a wonderful day! He is easy going, insightful, knowledgeable and a really nice guy to spend the day with. I would highly recommend this trip. You will never forget your time with Tod.

1  Thank maggiebellasmom