“The most memorable day of my vacation”

Everglades Area Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.95*
and up
Everglades National Park Expedition
More attraction details
Owner description: At Everglades Area Tours, we set ourselves apart from the competition by offering the most intimate and educational tours of Everglades National Park and the surrounding protected areas. All of our guides are formally trained Florida Master Naturalists, Environmental Educators, and Full-Time Outdoor Leaders. You won’t find any intrusive airboats here -- they’re not allowed in Everglades National Park due to the damage they inflict on the ecosystem. Instead, we offer more exclusive guided boat, kayak, and walking tours with the most experienced tour guides in the state. Our most popular eco-tour, the Boat Assisted Kayak ECO Tour, combines the best of a boat tour, a kayak tour and a walking tour into one four hour adventure! Come experience the wildly unpredictable and natural beauty of Everglades National Park with Everglades Area Tours, where adventure awaits at every turn.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 26, 2010

My first time in a Kayak and it was the most memorable day of my vacation. The whole experience was AWESOME. I would recommend Chris to take you into the mangroves any time. The love, respect and knowledge that Chris has for the Everglades "made" this experience! From the time we arrived for check in, to the time we packed up and left, everything was perfect.
I noticed in another post that you had to wait around before leaving. You do wait, but not long. I enjoyed the time. I was able to apply my sunblock and bug spray. They have a great store to browse and you can talk to the staff to better educate yourself about their community and the!
The only downfall of the trip was we did not see any Skunk Apes! HaHa!

4  Thank LENDOGG
All reviews
"boat assisted kayak tour"
in 53 reviews
in 9 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed December 15, 2009

Three days and two nights kayaking/camping the Gulf of Mexico and Ten Thousands Islands was a hoot. Beautiful sights all along the way... sunrises, sunsets, dolphins, pelicans, egrets, and much more to see and enjoy throughout the trip. The guides made this adventure safe, fun and exciting. By the time it was over, we were exhausted, but exhilarated!

Reviewed November 25, 2009

We did a two-day/one-night camping trip in the 10,000 islands and had an amazing time. There were many birds, a couple juvenile sharks, and (from a distance) we spotted manatees, turtles and dolphins. Our guide, Chris, was very knowledgeable about the local wildlife and human history of the area. I appreciated that he called to walk us through the trip before we left home, designed a custom loop route to fit our schedule and give us some variety, and took good care of us throughout the trip.

1  Thank LittleCityFarms
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Chris' services are available through "Everglades Area Tours.com" and his email is [--]

I had never been in a kayak before I went on a sundown cruise with Chris to watch the birds roost at sundown. (My wife is an experienced kayaker so she had me in the right clothes.)

Chris was patient, kind, encouraging, professional, sensitive to our interests. He could not have been better.

Two days later, we went on the Mangroves tour and it too was wonderful.

I highly recommend Chris.

1  Thank Pittsboro-ite
See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Went on a morning boat assisted kayak tour with Jason. He was amazing! The trip was beautiful, interesting, and fun! We learned a lot about the ecosystems of the area and saw a lot of cool stuff. I've done A LOT of these types of tours, and this one was one of the very best!

I was extremely impressed with the guide's knowledge of the flora and fauna of the area. And he presented everything in an interesting and fun way.

I highly recommend Everglades Area Tours. I really cannot recommend them more strongly. I'm telling all my friends and I'll be back for sure for a kayak camping trip.

Thanks Charles and Jason!

2  Thank LAUser