“Fan~Kayak~Tastic!”

Shurr Adventures Everglades
Ranked #2 of 33 Tours in Everglades City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a small family business that is recommend by Outside Magazine, Livewell Network, and we have worked with the Kratt brothers from PBS. Our kayak trips are like no other and when you paddle with us, you paddle with friends. Our groups have a small guest to guide ratio. We have a shuttle vehicle, variety of permits and paddling locations, comfortable kayaks (both single and doubles) and all of our guides are professional naturalists excited to share this wonderful place with "you" our guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 13, 2012

So lucky that I found Justin & Ali on the internet to take our family on one of the most amazing Kayak tours I have ever been on. As our guide, Justin was extremely professional, knowledgeable & loads of fun to be with. It was a magical day, experiencing some of the most beautiful & pristine areas of the everglades. Even if you have never been in a Kayak, I highly recommend Shurr Adventures!

Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I signed up for the Combo Trip, with a 3-hour kayak tour in fresh(er) water, through cypress swampland and along a small river running through the mangroves, and a 2-hour sunset kayak tour around the mangrove islands in salt water. I was hesitant at first, thinking it might be too expensive. It was well worth it -- we had an excellent time! Turned out we were the only ones signed up that day. Our guide Aaron was very, very good, pointing out the birds and alligators and plants and other fascinating features of the Everglades. I was a beginner, and we had a double kayak. We moved at a gentle pace, giving us time to look around and for me to figure out how to paddle. I recommend Shurr Adventures highly.

1  Thank lgde
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We did a half day trip in the mangrove tunnels to Paradise lake. We have paddled in many places and this trip ranked up near the top for tranquility and wild life. We even got to see scary alligators. Our guide Justin could not have been more patient and knowledgeable.Even when I asked him to identify a bird I had already asked about three times before. We saw ibis and egrets and kingfishers and pelicans and ducks and vultures and those are just the ones I can remember . You don't need any paddling experience. If you have some it is so easy you can spend the whole time ogling the wildlife and scenery.

After finishing we had lunch at the funky Camille Street Grille in Evergade City a Justin recommendation. Good local cuisine overlooking the water. Overall this experience is as far from a Florida strip mall as you can get. A fabulous day.

2  Thank toffeenose
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We went on the 2 hour trip in the Everglades with Justin.
A great guide with wide knowledge of all the animals we spotted.
Since we were travelling with two childern 8 and 11 yrs we were concerned that they might get restless, tired or scared but insted they had fun and enjoyed the adventure.
Justin had great patience with my less expereinced paddling, the speed was perfect and the kayaks really easy to handle.

Getting close to the amaizing wildlife of the Everglades is a memorable expereince for the whole family.

The genuine hospitality and friedliness of Shurr adventures made us feel safe and comfortable througout the trip even when we came close to the alligators. Justin had an amazing ability to spot animals of all kinds spiders, snakes, birds, wash bear and even an alligator baby!

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Went on a 3-hour trip with Ali. Met Justin at the outset. Both are super nice and as noted in other reviews, excellent guides and naturalists. They tailored the trip to our family. Paddled in serene water through mangrove tunnels, past alligators large & small, colorful turtles. Saw beautiful snowy egrets, blue herons, spiders. Kayaks were easy to maneuver. Could have done another 3 hours. Ali was great. She even took photos of our family. Ali brought water & granola bars wh/we appreciated when we were finished. Overall an excellent experience. Suggest spraying exposed skin w/bug spray before you get in the kayak.