“Confusing menu and cold food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Crispers

Crispers
Ranked #51 of 81 Restaurants in Eustis
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Québec city area
“Confusing menu and cold food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The clerk helped explain the menu to first time visitors. With all the "specials" and options it is very confusing. The soup was, at best, warm, the coffee initially cold (but eventually replaced as hot), and the sirloin tip burger cold. Rather pricey for what we did get.

Visited January 2013

Orlando
“Quick, Not so Tasty”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I needed a quick meal while waiting for a prescription to be filled at the nearby Publix. It was almost 8PM and Crisper's was almost empty. The staff were busy cleaning up but did finally take my order. It was served promptly. I selected a trio of crab chowder, beef & cheese in a lettuce leaf and Asian salad in a lettuce leaf. This is a great concept and the food was presented very artistically. I just wish the food tasted better. The chowder was flavorless and the lettuce wraps were also kind of blah-tasting. I thought the serving sizes were small for the price. It was fast though. Still had to wait 10 minutes for the prescription.

• Visited August 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Salads and Sandwiches”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

A good place if you are looking for a fresh lunch that is better than most fast food. I have met up with girlfriends there for a nice clean place to get together and not feel rushed. I consider it a little bit pricey, considering it is only for soup and sandwiches. And because it is also more of a cafeteria style restaurant, even though they do deliver to your table when your food is ready.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank IrishKim
Mount Dora, Florida
“Good, Tasty, Fresh food!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I always enjoy eating here for lunch. great sandwiches, amazing soup, awesome salads!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank CTLW
Sebring, Florida
“corporate greed ????”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Was looking forward to quick supper at Davenport Crispers on
way home from out of town trip. Passed a few choices of "sit down" dine in restraunts we like but decided on quick, easy, good food. WE LIKE THE FOOD at Crispers.
HOWEVER, to walk in be seated and passed menu in darkened resuraunt was amazing. I was so flustered by it when pressed to order which was almost insantly - a bonus I suppose - I forgot to omit tomato's on my food. Would have IF the place wasn't so dark that I could have easily read the menu. BUT Crispers seems set upon being something they were not initially. Had we opted to dine at a place we expected or wanted to be
waited upon we would have.

There is a relaxation that comes from dining without interruption

I was frustrated that we walked into a place that was not normally a place we tipped and by choosing the very similar to "Panera- type" farethey offer, we were now basically forced to tip. I am disturbed by it because I was remided that the wages for "waitress'' is much , much less than minimum wage because of the tipping involved. (that store also has a large help wanted sign - if indeed true, if my pay was reduced by $ 4.00 an hour I'm leaving as well)

It is my opinion, that Crisper's could find other sources to save money than reduce lighting to unbearable (the ambiance for the lighting does not match the food) I wish I had suggestion on employee salary savings I don't.
Sad.

Perhaps my thought process is incorrect all together. My family sure hopes so. I won't be back anywhere near as often, if at all. I wonder, if we are the only ones.
(The man with 2 young sons next to use was equally confused )

• Visited February 2012