“Best Grouper in Lake County”
Review of Crazy Gator

Crazy Gator
Ranked #28 of 82 Restaurants in Eustis
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Crazy Gator is a great neighborhood restaurant. The service is o.k. but the grouper is what brings us back every single time. If you choose the grouper, eat it grilled. They season it perfectly and it really captures the flavor of the fish. The fried grouper is good too, but it's not my favorite. This restaurant can get busy but if you eat a late lunch or early dinner, you can sit with a view of the lake and it's beautiful and relaxing.

1  Thank CBowerman
There are newer reviews for Crazy Gator

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This place is an absolute DUMP!!!! Overpriced crap served on a plate. Everyone is better off going to a soup kitchen and eating better quality food that what this place serves. Homeless starving people would not eat this food.

The restaurant is run down, dirty, discussing, the food was like nothing I have ever seen and the service was as if no one wanted to work there. There were flies everywhere and landing on the drinking cups and bowls that they were serving people in.

I ordered the gator tail, Backed stuffed fish – w/ there would famous fish with crabmeat stuffing, and backed stuffed shrimp – with crabmeat stuffing. Our sides were the same, spicy shrimp gumbo and Caesar salad. $46.00 for two people – over prices $$$$

I am born and raised in Florida and know good gator tail and seafood. The gator tail was just over cooked batter with no special sauce and a very small portion. Both entrees were drowning in a pool of butter/oil that had to be drained from the plates (1/2 c on each plate) the fish tasted like it was thawed in a 5 gallon bucket with water and had a weird detergent taste to it.
The “world famous fish with crabmeat” needs to remove forever from their menu, b/c there was NO hint, taste, or piece of crabmeat to be found anywhere.

I have been to restaurants’ that have “skimped” on the crabmeat, but this place doesn’t even include it. It was plain old unseasoned disgustingly soggy stuffing. Was the stuffed shrimp and better – NO!!!! I was $14.00 for 6 pieces of butterfly, rubbery shrimp (medium to small size) topped with 3 ice cream scoops of that discussing stuffing with NO CRABMEAT to be found.

The spicy “shrimp” gumbo was missing the “shrimp and didn’t even taste like there was any seafood. The soup reminded me of leftovers from Monday’s night special and it was Wednesday.

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!! Save your money and go somewhere else!!!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had a birthday party and made reservations on the screen porch and had an excellent time!! They're queso dip is to die for. We had about 20 guests and the price was very reasonable. Very clean and great service. Will definitely host another party there!

1  Thank lala1111
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had a family get together for Mother's Day last year. I think most of us had fried catfish all you can eat. Food was good and service also. We have been back once since then. I love fish.

1  Thank Pineneedlegranny
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great atmosphere and food. They have all u can eat fish one night of the week. It is great, big pieces of crispy fish fillets. Their wings are pretty good too,. My son gets them everytime we go. This restaurant is in a old train station next to the train tracks lakeside in Eustis. Nice restuarant with good service. Menu has great selection with reasonable prices. I go back there again and again.

1  Thank myshellie123