“It's all about the sauce”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #22 of 82 Restaurants in Eustis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Orlando, Florida
“It's all about the sauce”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My first experiences with Sonny's has not been so great, and it was quite a few years ago. At a friend's urging I went back, because it was one of her favorite places. Neither time, did I like the texture of the meat, and in both cases I ordered the combo with both the chicken and ribs. Both times I felt the meat could have been more tender. It actually amazes me that I do hear so many people saying that they love their bbq. I am assuming it is because they either like their sauce or they don't. I am afraid, I am one that does not. The sides are generally good, but are very much like fast food, which is ample if you are there to enjoy their bbq. I would suggest that you try them once to see if you like their sauce.

• Visited August 2011

Mount Dora, Florida
“Sonny's BBQ! Great!.... sometimes!!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I went there with my son, it was a weekday around lunch time so it was busier than other times of the day i guess. We were seated promptly, but we didnt have a waitress/waiter come to atleast get our drink orders for 10-15 minutes. 3 other tables were seated after us. 1 gentleman from another table started to complain about the time it was taking. Me and my son got our drinks first, but the other table GOT THEIR FOOD FIRST. Atleast 10 minutes before I did. Their food must of been waiting for them back there because it was within 3-5 minutes they had food on their table! So i guess if you complain there, you get your food faster! regardless of who sits down first!

• Visited May 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Always great”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I always have good food with great people. Locals love going there.

Visited February 2012
Umatilla, Florida
“Consistent level of food and service”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We visit here 2-3 times a month. The level of service, quality of food, and quantity of food is consistent and good! If we can't decide where we want to go eat we just go here because it's always good, prompt and while they are generally busy, we don't have to wait.

• Visited February 2012
Tavares, Florida, United States
“very good”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

like this place for food and friend ly people that work here great bbq