“About What You'd Expect”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #37 of 82 Restaurants in Eustis
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Tavares, Florida
“About What You'd Expect”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been here a few times and it isn't anything that impressed me. I guess they are trying to be new and inventive adding the trio of "wonderfalls". But just as the first one (milk chocolate) it just isn't that impressive to me. There are a lot of choices, in theory but they don't refill them fast enough. In short, if you are dining with people who have a variety of tastes, it seems like a good option. If just two people who like similar things...elsewhere is probably better.

• Visited November 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Standard Buffet”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went there for Thanksgiving Dinner. The price for four of us was about $50.00. Everything was good, as usual, but the stuffing was very soggy. Personally, I prefer a dry stuffing. Other than that, Golden Corral went through 98 turkeys.

• Visited November 2013
Eustis, Florida
“Tons of choices--Something for everyone”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I could write a book on this restaurant, I've been there so many times. It's in my hometown and for a relatively good price (they used to be cheaper) you can get a good, filling meal. You don't have to wait to order and have your meal cooked and brought to you. Plus, buffets are the best bet when you have a picky toddler who you never can predict what she'll eat. Children under 4 are free, so I don't have to pay for food that she may or may not eat. This buffet has a HUGE variety of food. The salad bar has more items than most, including fresh fruit, like strawberries and watermelon. I love their hot, fresh yeast rolls, cornbread, and garlic cheddar biscuits.

You may not love every item on the main bar, but there is something for everyone. Personally, I love the pot roast, mashed potatoes, macaroni & cheese, and steamed broccoli. My husband usually gets a steak cooked to order. My mom loves the fried fish and fried okra. And my daughter likes the plain white rice, corn, mushrooms, and black-eyed peas. The dessert bar is also bigger than most buffets. My only complaint is that the items rarely change. The new "Millionaire's Tart" is really good. I always love the banana pudding. My husband likes the soft-serve ice-cream machine. The best thing about a buffet is if you don't like something--don't eat it--go get something else. And there is plenty more to choose from at Golden Corral.

The worst thing about this buffet is it can be really crowded at certain times, like dinner time on a Friday. I'm talking theme-park-crowded. But the staff always keep things clean and refilled. There's just a lot of people to avoid bumping into. So go at an off-time if you want to avoid the crowds.

• Visited May 2013
Ocala, Florida
“Just Okay”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

It a self serve buffet affair. A lot of fried food and beef. You get your monies worth here but it not great.. My meal was satisfying and I didn't leave there hungry.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank rjhaines
Rantoul
“ALWAYS OVER EAT”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Met with family living in Ocala for lunch. The food choices are numerious and so good that I have to try a little of each. You guessed it...I always leave stuffed and uncomfortable. The quality and cleanliness of Golden Corral is great. Just have to remember not to eat so much (even though it's hard not to).

Visited March 2013