“I live in the area of this place”
Review of Colonial Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eustis
Colonial Inn Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Eustis
Eustis, Florida
“I live in the area of this place”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This place is primarily used for transients and those who are basically homeless. Many people use this place when they have the money , when they dont, it is either on the streets or whomever ill take them in. I honestly dont know about the "Hooker" thing as in the previous post, but it is possible.

• Stayed August 2009
3 Thank starfi5ve

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
California
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My wife and I were on vacation to florida, and saw the Colonial Inn on the side of the road. Now, mind you, it was no prize from the exterior, however we are not very high maintenance people, and were willing to settle in a more or less neutral place just for the night. When we pulled up, it took about 30 minutes for someone to come to the counter and give us service. When we finally walked into the room, my wife nearly hurled. Not only were there giant holes in the bed spreads, but there were also unbearable smells and miscellaneous, unidentifiable bugs on the curtains. The bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a year. It was the epitome of "roach infested hooker motel." It looked like the Colonial Inn should have paid US to stay there. Disgusted, I went back to the desk, and requested a full refund (we had only been there for about 5 minutes before realizing that we couldn't possibly get any rest there). After being given the message that they were "very sorry for our dissatisfaction," and that our credit card would not be charged, I looked at my online bank account, and to my non-surprise, there was the charge. I called in order to straighten this matter out, but they were way too busy to help me, and could care less about the fact that they had just stolen $45 from me. (By the way, I called prior to speaking to the motel clerk in person, and they said that it would be $35, but when I got there, they said, "Oh, no, I don't know who you spoke to, but it is $45"). The staff does not communicate with one another. I was even told by one woman that there are no employees, and that she was the only person that worked there. This made me wonder, then, who the young man was that took my credit card the night we were there. Interesting. Ultimately, the Colonial Inn is not legitimate. No one knows who works there, and who doesn't; anyone could be taking your money. They don't agree on the price of a room, you are better off sleeping in the street than in one of their beds, and they will not give you a single second before hanging up on you if you mention the word "refund." They are money hungry thieves.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kristen84476
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eustis
Inn on the Green
Inn on the Green
#6 of 8 in Tavares
Quality Inn and Suites Mount Dora
No photo provided
Royal Inn
#1 of 3 in Eustis
Southern Palms RV Resort

Been to Colonial Inn Motel? Share your experiences!