“Great food and entertainment”

Kiku Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 81 Restaurants in Eustis
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Great food and entertainment”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was here last weekend with my friends. The entertainment was top notch and the food was fantastic! I normally don't feel so well after eating at Japanese Steakhouses, however this place did not upset my stomache! I reccommend this to anyone in the area!

• Visited September 2012

Vero Beach, Florida
“Very good value, decent food, fun "show" on the grill”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We had the combination hibachi dinner and some sushi appetizers. Sushi was fresh and yummy and fairly priced. The hibachi dinner was PLENTY of food, and quite good. We had shrimp, steak and chicken, served with vegetables, fried rice and noodles, preceded by soup and salad. Hibachi is fun when the chef does a "performance" with flames and showmanship. Our chef was personable and did not disappoint. We'd recommend Kiku and go back again.

Visited June 2012
Umatilla, Florida
“Good sushi and good fried rice!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

This is my third visit to this restaurant in about a month. I had never been to an establishment like this before, where they cooked your food in front of you on a hibachi. It's pretty entertaining and pretty noisy with the clanging of the metal utensils on the grill, etc. The dining room has many hibachi grills with seating around each one so you sit in groups. I have always been seated with strangers since i have not come as a part of a group. It felt a little odd the first time for a few minutes but the cook talks to everyone so you feel like part of the group.

I like the fried rice they prepare...it has a plump texture, not really sticky and a good, slightly sweet taste. They must be putting some sake in it while on the grill. The fried noodles taste good also. The vegetables are fresh and already to be chopped while on the grill. Everything to be cooked has been prepped and is on seperate trays on a movable cart the "cook" brought with him. I have only had shrimp and scallops which were cooked just enough and tasted great! They have something called white sauce that you put on the fried food....it is some tasty stuff....it can't taste this good and be good for you! I have had sushi there each time.... Very pleased with it - tastes fresh, the presentation is good and the quantity is just right! Everyone leaves with a take out box because you get more food than you can eat at one sitting. I only got the "dinner" one time - you get soup and a salad and fried rice and fried noodles plus the vegetables and whatever meat or seafood you chose. Since I want to eat sushi too, I don't get the dinner - I just get fried rice with shrimp. Most of it goes in to the take out box and I enjoy my sushi there. The fried rice tastes good later reheated.

Interaction with the server and cook is a different experience and part of the reason I rated this a 4 and not a 5. All the staff including the person who seats you, seem distant. No one smiles or really greets you. "My name is Jennifer and I will be serving you" is said but my feeling is that I am chair number 4 and she is getting my order details memorized - I am only chair number 4.. The cooks appear to not be comfortable with English or eye contact. There is no sparkle in their eye, joy in their "show", and they have little interaction with the customers The guy who seats me each time never seems happy that I have arrived. I am a just another body to be dealt with. There is no enthusiasm or happiness inside those doors. No one is rude or abrupt just so darn distant. I don't think they have been in this location very long - I think they came from a different facilty a few miles away. Perhaps it just feels out of sorts for them. I hope it changes for the good. I would like them to succeed! I like the concept and I like the food. The service isn't bad just so uninspired.

Do be aware that there is enough residual smoke inside the building from the grills to make asthma flare up so use caution if you suffer with asthma. My grandson spent the evening in the ER instead of the restaurant; he is 20 years old and walked out right away but still had to go to the ER (just down the street) for assistance breathing. He won't be going there again but I will.

• Visited May 2012
Mount Dora, Florida
“Won't be back”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Service is very rushed. Soup then salad are followed by a huge serving of rice and then a few vegetables. Next is a speed course of shrimp, steak and chicken then noodles. The food is piled on top of your other food as it is not possible to eat the food at the rate it is served. A large amount of oil and butter is used in the food prep and the meat is covered with oil. I did not enjoy the "speed dining" concept and even if the food had been good (which it was not) I would not return.

• Visited April 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Nice change of pace for a night out to dinner!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had a nice dinner there and the food was very very good. We only had one problem when we went and that was when the grease trap above the table filled up and spilled out all over the place. Management was very gracious and apologized for it and then comped our meal. We will go back and enjoy the fine food. Fun place for a large group!