“Back to nature, in the best possible way, when I least expected it!”

Central Florida Nature Adventures
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Eustis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The highest ranked kayak guide by TripAdvisor in all of Central Florida! Kenny is a local who will show you that secret oasis. You'll explore unique eco systems found nowhere else with a wildlife enthusiast that will keep you smiling. Safely drift past the River Otters playing, the Alligator sunning on the log. Visit with the Manatees, the Monkeys and watch the Anhingas fish. We kayak only 1 location per day, booked first come first served and our rivers are easy access from Orlando, Daytona Beach, Ocala, The Villages and Mt Dora, FL. Choose a family kayak tour, birding tour, photography tour or a trip for the adventurous soul and we'll provide all the equipment so you can have an awesome time on the river. Bring your camera and experience why our customers rate him Number One. Discover Florida's Wildlife with a true Floridian and take home memories that last a lifetime!
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I did the half day photographers tour with Kenny Boyd in early dec and it was absolutely lovely and one of my favourite things to do on this trip. As I was the only customer Kenny was relaxed about timing and I met him at Katie's Landing (a Florida State Parks set up - with parking, toilet, info brochures, coke vending machine) at 8am. How luxurious is this tour?! I sat up front with camera in hand and Kenny did all the work! YAY!
we did the wekiva river in two parts - the first was this broad open water way with lots of little islands, old original houses and the underwater springs. The second part was in a more overgrown, narrow, small brooks and inlets type area. Both areas had different fauna and flora and there was plenty of both! Saw heaps of birds, turtles, a few alligators including a young bald eagle, a kingfisher, limpkin along with plenty of turkey vultures, blue heron, grebs, wood ducks, water hen, egrets etc etc
Kenny was exceptionally knowledgeable - shared heaps of info about the history of the river, the lifestyle and the fauna and flora. He knew where the gaters hang out, where the eagles have been and was great at spotting. He was very relaxed and pleasant - I was vey happy to spend those hours on the river with him.
About 45 mins - 1 hour drive from Disney (depends on traffic when passing downtown Orlando). $3 parking fee and I paid $110 for the tour. Bring your own drinks and snacks - Kenny brings a small cooler with ice to store. he also had sunscreen and bug repellant but in early december neither were needed. (no bugs!!)
Finally in considering the millions of people who go to the theme parks every year - and I have no idea how many thousands I left behind at WDW - I was pleasantly surprised to discover that our kayak was the only one out on the river! alone the entire time! We only met 1 other passing small boat.
The river is protected so it is quite clean and in a good state - looked after - and there is abundant bird life. Such a happy making way to spend half a day - quietly gliding around in the tranquility and beautiful natural setting - not a landscaper in sight!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

"blue springs"
"bottled water"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Took a combo tour with the desire to see both manatees and birds and could not have been more pleased. Kenny has a good knowledge of where it is likely to see certain species and we saw a lot of both different species and a lot of birds. Really good day.

1  Thank Kayakgal58
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Took the 1/2 day photographic tour with Kenny Boyd as the guide. We spent the morning on the Wekiva River between Katies Landing and Wilson's Landing Park. A thoroughly excellent tour and greatly enhanced with Kenny's extensive knowledge of the local flora and fauna. Jenny and Kenny are extremely helpful when setting up the tour and are happy to make arrangement to suit you. Can't recommend Central Florida Nature Adventures enough. The Wekiva is a little piece of tranquil paradise not far from the bustle of Orlando.

2  Thank ADM001
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My sister put this kayaking tour together and I wasn't sure if it was going to be my kind of thing, I was so glad she did, because it ended up being one of the highlights of our trip. Kenny the guide, taylored a kayaking tour specifically for our group which consisted of kids between the ages of 9 to 12 and adults with a mixed level of abilities. Our tour was a gental paddle through amazingly scenic flora and fauna. There were lots of turtles sunning themselves, native birds and even a few baby alagators sightings. At the end of the paddle, Kenny brought us to a secluded water hole where the kids jumped into the water by a rope swing. They loved it! It was literally Mother Natures Disneyland. The tour was a nice reprieve from the theme parks and I can't imagine anyone not enjoying themselves. Kenny was a great guide who really knew the area. Very proffesional from start to finish.

3  Thank MeganBruton