“Great food and atmosphere!”
Review of Sol de Mexico

Sol de Mexico
Ranked #3 of 85 Restaurants in Eustis
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Sol de Mexico has consistently had very good Tex-Mex style food. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly and helpful. There's always a fun crowd and it's a place you will want to return. Very convenient to downtown Eustis events, shopping or just strolling along the beautiful Lake Eustis lakefront park.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Live music at Sundays, great food and excellent service , we had a great time , my favorite is the new Cancun dish , with rice ,shrimp , and a delicious white sauce on top, also the fish tacos are to die for

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Busy Eustis weekend with Mt. Dora antique extravaganza at Renninger's. Regardless of the crowd we got a table and quick service. Waitress advised a side order instead of entrée so we did. Bill was $25, a very inexpensive meal, with no alcohol. Great Food, atmosphere and service was excellent. We will be back! Thank you!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We lived in Mexico for several years and ate throughout the country. The food here was unlike any we had and it totally lacked any flavor while authentic Mexican food, even when served mild, has plenty of flavor.

I ordered the chile rellanos, one filed with meat and one with cheese. The poblano pepper with the meat filling was cooked properly but was totally lackluster and no flavor. The poblano pepper with the cheese filling was undercooked, tough, and only had a smell of cheese. I've eaten chile rellanos all over North and South America anc these were the worst I ever had.

My cousin ordered the flautas and they were similar to the frozen ones in the grocery stores: mostly fried dough with very little filling. My wife had the chicken chimchangas and was the best of the three meals but devoid of flavor.

All our dishes came with beans and rice. The beans were the proper consistency but was like poi with no flavor. The rice was undercooked and crunchy.

The complimentary chips and salsa were good. However, what kind of restaurant only serves instant coffee? The person that wrote "better food at Taco Bell" was absolutely correct.

1  Thank solara13
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I just had the best Mexican Dinner since ChiChis went out of business. This is a nicely decorated restaurant, the food is great as was the service. The price was very good for the amount of food you receive. Entertainment was even provided.