“Great German deli”

The German Deli Spot
Cuisines: German
Description: Specialty Grocery Store * Deli We offer a selection of fine imported foods
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

I have been wanting to try this restaurant ever since I spotted it when we moved to this area, about a year ago. After reading the good reviews on Trip Advisor my husband and I went there today for lunch. It is very much as described, tiny, a deli/specialty/“restaurant “ with 4 tiny tables in front of the deli case.
Since we arrived shortly after noon, the kitchen area was somewhat backed up (I believe they do a good carry out business also with people calling in their orders)
We had a bit of a wait to place our order and also about a 15 minute wait to get it (carry out of lentil soup and corned beef sandwich and liver wurst sandwich)
We liked our food very much and will definitely return...probably calling ahead on our order unless it’s an “off time”.
They had a board on the wall with their menu, both entree type dishes as well as a variety of soups and sandwiches....
I definitely left with the impression that this is an authentic German deli, we will definitely return.
My only negative comment is it’s not a place to go if you have time constraints!

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed December 8, 2017

I didn't expect the German Deli to be quite so tiny, but it really is just a mini-convenience store with a few tables in front. The place literally can fit only 12 people or so. Look at the chalk board menus on the wall to decide what you want, order at the counter, and your food is brought to your table. They have schnitzels, soups, sausages, spaetzle, etc. This food is home cooked so it isn't as flashy as the food we are used to, garnished with whatever and loads of cheese. The schnitzel sandwich was two nice sized filets on a fresh roll but no condiment, only two small blobs of potato salad, two different kinds, that were delicious. The spaetzle was a little plain so perhaps get the option with egg, cheese, and meat. Good place for a quick lunch, check their days and hours of operation because they aren't open normal hours. But such fun to step into a German grocery! Even if you don't want to eat, they have lots to offer for purchase including German sweets, chocolates, sausages/meats, Knorr mixes, Kinder eggs, and all the rest.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

Everything is genuine German food! Only spot in the area you can get schnitzel & specialty German grocery items. The fact that it’s family owned and run, only makes it better!

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Excellent German home cooking and they have all different cold cuts, cheese, sweets and other German products what my heart desires. Very helpful and very friendly owner, I moved to Fort Myers from Germany 12 years ago and just find out about this wonderful place. Just love it !

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

If you want a real treat try this place for lunch, you will not believe the original selections of German food and drinks all made fresh daily. The two ladies who run this place are awesome with genuine passion for their work! I've been their 4 times and each time I've been amazed at the freshness and selections! They're always trying to please their customers by offering something extra! If you drive by the intersection of Estero Blvd. and 41 this is a must stop, it's right across the street from Walmart.

Date of visit: March 2017