“Good weekend escape”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Estero
Ocean Pines, Maryland
“Good weekend escape”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We spent three nights here over the Memorial Day weekend. The room was clean and well kept. Housekeeping did a great job. The breakfast buffets and managers receptions were very nice. The front desk staff is very helpful. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Bonita Beach. Parking at the public acceses was tricky but Lovers Key state park was lovely and parking was plentiful. ($8.00 for the day) There is lots of shopping nearby and every chain restaurant. In fact, there is an Applebees and a Rib City right in the parking lot. The pool area looked very nice but we did not have a chance to use it. They had an outdoor seating area right outside the pool, which was a great place to relax or have a cocktail. The only downside, no fault of the hotel, was that it was overtaken by little league baseball teams and their families for a big weekend tournament. We would definitely consider this hotel if we were back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/lakeview room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wavelets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed May 18, 2012

1st point of contact as good as ever, in fact the same receptionist, so something must be good in terms of job satisfaction. Standard embassy layout and rooms as expected. However, unlike my previous visit, breakfast was the fly in the ointment. There was a manager supervising the chef, but he might as well have been wearing a toga with a strad in his hand. My plate and cutlery were well caked in the remnants of the previous user/s, and no doubt their dna. The coffee, was in breach of the trade descriptions act, and colored water would have been a better description.
Still, the staff are so pleasant, I can't let breakfast stop me from returning again.

Room Tip: The rear of the hotel is much quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank stanley23913548
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I called this hotel six months in advance. Ask them how far away were they from Sanibel. They told me 5 miles. Boy was that a joke. The hotel was average hotel. It was clean. But it was far away from everything we wanted to do. We even had a suite but it wasn't like a fablous suite!
The pool was very nice but it was not heated! They had prom one night and there was a lot of teenage kids getting rooms and be very loud. Other than that if I would go back I would rent a condo on the beach.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toyfox
Wailea, Hawaii
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night and check in was easy. When I got to the room, it smelled fresh and was very clean, except, the trash can in the bedroom had not been emptied from the last guest and it was full. I called housekeeping and asked that it be emptied. Then, when I left the hotel, I asked at the front desk that it be emptied. When I returned a few hours later, despite assurances, it hadn't been emptied. And while it might seem petty, I never received my Diamond Honors amenities. So when I went downstairs, I expressed my frustration to the young lady at the desk (don't remember her name, but her name badge indicated she was from Atlanta). To her credit, she was genuinely apologetic for the poor service received and offered me a selection of complementary snacks from the attached gift shop. While she handled the situation well, I shouldn't have needed to make my request 3 times. Without this, I would have rated the property higher.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Shaune C, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Myers - Estero, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent resonse in regards to your stay with us. I apologize and I was disappointed to hear of the oversight by our staff. We pride ourselves on our service as well as our product. When we fall short of that we want to know. If your travels bring you back to the area we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Best regards,
Shaune Caliguire
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Like most embassy Suites its always a great deal. Overall pretty good.

Room Tip: all rooms the same
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Embassy Suites in Estero offers a great value for the money. In typical Embassy Suites fashion, they offer the nightly managers reception and full breakfast in the morning. Rooms at this property are always extremely clean and the staff is friendly. Compared to other hotels between here and the airport, this property often is less expensive and provides exceptional value. Close to several restaurants and the popular outlet mall. Nice pool and hot tub as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feed back! We hope to see you again in the future!!

Best regards,
Shaune Caliguire
Moffat, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Have stayed in same hotel in Mahattan, Miami & Fort Myers. This one is in such a beautiful part of Florida. Easy drive to Naples, which is a stunning day out.
Never stayed with Embassy Suites? Do it and I'm sure your first time won't be the last. My husband, myself and 17 year old son shared a suite and there was loads of space. 2 kids sharing is perfectly comfortavle

• Stayed April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Estero
Hyatt Place Coconut Point
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers-Estero/FGCU
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Airport / FGCU
Lovers Key Resort
Lovers Key Resort
#5 of 47 in Fort Myers Beach
TownePlace Suites Fort Myers Estero

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Myers - Estero? Share your experiences!