“Come on, Rib City!”

Rib City
Ranked #15 of 110 Restaurants in Estero
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Estero, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Come on, Rib City!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Tried Rib City for the second time, but what is it they say about doing the same thing again hoping for a different result? Baby backs are great, but the serving size is for a baby...well maybe a child...what they call a full slab is really only about 8 tiny ribs-- my 6 year old grandson ate them and wanted more. The pork is odd - sliced thin and tastes like it was simply roasted in an oven, not bar-b-qued. Beans had potential, but were very dried out. The flavor was good and there were added pieces of pork, but I felt they were leftovers. I tried this spot again because I am desperately seeking a yummy bar-b-que restaurant near Estero, but this one failed miserably. Both times the servings were VERY small and fairly high priced for what you get. I am still on my quest! Any suggestions?

• Visited August 2012

• Finnish first
Sarasota, Florida
“Otay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

Like the pull pork and bake beans, tried the shrimp appetizer that was so so just not what I expected

Visited July 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had dinner here since I was staying at the hotel in the same parking lot. Tried the special- Ribs and BBQ beef- $14.95. I was under the impression that this would be a full rack of ribs, since for $15.95 you get a rack of ribs alone!! BUT- plate came to the table with a pile of warm sliced beef (smokey flavor), and 3 ribs. Th ribs were mostly bone, and burned. I could not even eat them. Finished the warm beef, attempted to wrestle with a rib, and decided to call it a night. If I was not exhausted from a day of travel, I would have complained. My fault! Rib city should be called Bone City. Server was on target, however=== friendly.

• Visited May 2012
Naples, Florida
“We Love It.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

My son could eat here every week, which is good because when my wife was prego this is the place she craved.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank NaplesRestaurants
Oswego, New York
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were staying at the Embassy Suites across the street. We went twice during our stay. We were seated promptly and attended to very nicely. Would reccomend their food. We had ribs one tome and an appetizer the other time.

Visited January 2012