“The Happiest of Happy Hours”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stir Crazy

Stir Crazy
Reserve with OpenTable
Stir Crazy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 110 Restaurants in Estero
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Sushi, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Several locations around the country. This location is in the new Coconut Point Shopping Center. Very pretty restaurant, excellent Asian food.
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“The Happiest of Happy Hours”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We went for some wine with friends. It was, as it should always be, Happy Hour. An amazing deal; $4 wine and $4 appetizers. The chicken wings were a meal by themselves. The crab ragoon portion was also large. This is a definite winner.

bonita springs
“missed opportunity”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We ordered combination plates with appetizers. The dinner came before the appetizers We were told the appetizers will be out soon. We asked if the Chicken Pad Thai had peanuts. We were told no. The dish came with peanuts on it. The serving staff were sorry and brought us a new dish without peanuts. My wife had Mongolian beef. The serving was quite small.
The atmosphere was very nice.

“Horrible Service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

It seems like you do the servers here a favor for coming in. Questions were met with a roll of the eyes and attitude. We were definately not a picky table but the service took away from the whole experience. Won't bother going to a place with an overprice menu and horrible service.

Toronto, Canada
“Never Gets Better”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We tend to drop in at this Asian restaurant when we are at the Coconut Point Mall. My wife likes it because there are a lot of vegetable dishes on the menu. So I end up having to go.. Firstly, I find the whole menu overpriced from the overcooked Edamame, ($7) to the stir fry ($15 or so with meat). If you order the stir fry, they give you a small tin bowl to take up to fresh vegetable buffet. There is also a small cup for any sauces you would like to put in as well. (Spicy, Garlic, Szeschuwan, Peanut etc) You put as many vegetables in the bowl as you can, which is not very many, and then you give it to the guy standing behind the counter with a big wok, over a fire. If you order chicken or beef, or shrimp with it, he then squirts a ton of oil into the hot wok, and pulls a small amount of meat in a plastic bag out of a cooler, and throws it in. It cooks for a bit then he puts in the vegetables. You stand there while he gives you a bit of a show flipping all the greasy concoction in a wok. The cook throws in your selected sauces, flips it a bit more and then like in a mess hall, or prison, throws it on a plate, like you are getting pig slop. If you want a lower calorie variation, order it vegetarian style, and they will use chicken broth instead of oil. Half the time the cooks can barely understand english so they dont know what you are asking for.
The biggest complaint is that the stir fry has so much liquid in it, you can virtually pour it from your plate as you eat. If you like it thicker, ask them to put some cornstarch in during cooking. It should thicken it up. I did enjoy this place when I first went, but now i barely can bring myself in there to eat because there are no variations in sauces or vegetables. The menu stays the same Some appetizers are not bad, 5 spice ribs usually are edible, and the goyza dumplings with peanut sauce are good starters. The service is usually fine once you get in there, but the hostesses at the front need some training on smiling and welcoming guests to the restaurant. A warm welcome is a very rare occurrence and usually gets my blood boiling as I dont want to be in there anyway. I take it or leave it. Its never gotten better than the first time I went, the only thing I noticed is that the prices for everything went up. Its not great place for kids either, there's really nothing on the menu they would find interesting either.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rotex29
Naples, Florida
“Going Stir Crazy on the Weekend”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A great friend of mine invited us to have a special treat for the weekend. We were left to decide from four choices. I never been to Stir Crazy but really love Asian food so I took a chance. I think it was a wise decision. My wife who is very hard to please when it comes to eating out because she is such a great cook enjoyed it as well. The atmosphere was great. We were put far enough from the bar and yet close enough to see the food being prepared. The great part is that you get an opportunity to select what you want and have it served the way you like. The food was really delicious and much better than I expected. The great thing is that you have an opportunity to return as many times as you like. However, I was so full that I could not eat another serving because I was to really enjoy this wonderful meal. I am sure that when I go again that I will have more than just one serving of this great food. I would highly recommend this for anyone who wants a superb meal and at a reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013