“Great - Except for Latin Music”

Bon Appetit French Bistro
Ranked #78 of 113 Restaurants in Estero
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife & I are locals and - after visiting Paris this summer - have been wanting to try Bon Appetit. Glad we did. Food was great, service was prompt/friendly, price was a good value. We sat inside (because outside you can hear the kids on the playground next door) just looking for a little French wine, food and ambiance. But, as other reviewers have mentioned, inside there was loud latin music playing throughout dinner. This place is in an outlet mall - so the expectations for atmosphere aren't high to begin with - and the owners have done a good job of making the inside seating area very quaint - but the latin music just doesn't go with the menu. If the chef needs latin tunes to get inspired - buy a boombox for the kitchen. The food and service was so good we will probably be back - but if they don't put on some french sounding tunes, it will be our last since the music makes me want a Cuban sandwich not beef bourg.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Menu looks very authentic,but food just okay. Mall food! Courteous staff though. Quiche was nuked and the loud Cuban music really spoils the French feeling

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were a party of 3 and we all ordered different items off the menu - everything was great - the lobster bisque, the salads, the sandwiches - and my wife got to practice speaking French with the owners - :)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We love french food and were delighted to take a break at Bon Appetit French Bistro while shopping at Miromar Outlets. Owners are French and the nod to a typical french bistro include outside seating. Decor is acceptable, but real deal is the food. Hubby had Quiche Lorainne which had a delightful nutmeg spice and great crust with a salad (good salad, but basic). I had Coq Au Vin which was truly fall off the bone with incredible sauce. It came with the same salad, but was also served with a wonderful scalloped potato side dish (delish!). The baguette was very good for sopping up the remainder of the sauce with my dish. Food was reasonably priced for the quality. I would return here again!

1  Thank REalgrrl
Reviewed May 31, 2013

While at the Miromar Outlets we decided to eat at the Bon Appetit French Bistro. We were enticed by their buy one get one free crepe special. The waitress was very cordial. We ordered two salmon crepes and a Mediterranean salad. After 15 minutes the Mediterranean salad arrived. I was shocked at the size, given that it was $13.95, I thought I had been given a side salad. The salad consisted of 4 small shrimp, two slivers of avocado, ½ of a small tomato and 4 leaves of romaine lettuce torn up. It also had pieces of orange that still had the white pith on it. I ate my salad in 5 minutes. The crepes arrived 20 minutes later. The crepes were $10.95, but luckily they were two for one. They were also very small and came with a small side salad that consisted of lettuce, tomato and onion. These two side salads combined were larger than the Mediterranean salad. The waitress apologized for the slow service. We over heard the next table comment that the cook had left and the owner was cooking. As my friends were finishing their meal, and I was watching, I contemplated going across the way to get a slice of pizza. I was very disappointed in this meal and let the waitress know that the meal was not very good and certainly not worth the price. I suggest if you are at the Miromar Outlets you bid au revoir to the Bon Appetit French Bistro and eat elsewhere.