“Really Nice Hotel and Good Value”

Hyatt Place Coconut Point
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Estero
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We got a last minute good airfare to RSW over Winter Break. Hotels on the beach were hundreds of dollars a night. We decided to try this Hyatt Place and ended up extending our stay twice. The hotel is clean and seems new. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. It is located across the parking lot from a pretty nice mall with plenty of stores and restaurants (also an outlet mall <10 minute drive), There are MANY great public beaches a reasonable drive away and several good golf courses even closer. The rooms are spacious--especially if you are travelling with children. The breakfast is pretty good (although there is a Waffle House <10 minutes away). Pool and hot tub are clean and nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during a quick weekend shopping trip to the Ft Myers area. it was our first expereince with a Hyatt Place property and we were very happy with our experience. The staff was friendly and kept asking if we need anything. The location is very close to the outlets and within walking distance to the outdoor mall at Coconut Pointe which made getting around extremely easy. The hotel was clean and the rooms very spacious with an extra seating area in addition to the bed. Breakfast was complimentary and, although the selections were somewhat limited, it was a great way to begin the day.
My only concerns are the same as other reviewers have noted: the ac was hard to regulate and kept going turning on and off during the night and the shower pressure was a little light. Also, I was very surprised that for a newly built hotel, there was no in-room safe for securing your valuables. My wife had to take her purse with her when we went down to spend time by the pool one afternoon.
Overall, it was a very enjoyable stay and we will definately be returning to the Hyatt Place again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This hotel is awesome! We had a bad experience at another area hotel so we checked into the Hyatt Place. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean and beautifully decorated. The shower even had a rain-water shower head! The only thing we were not informed about was that you have to put your room key in the slot by the door in order for the lights to work. The complimentary breakfast was great, and they even had Starbucks coffee! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stay at Hyatt Place all across the country. The week of Christmas I stayed at 6 different Hyatt Place hotels as I drove across the US from Texas to Key West. I also travel extensively for my job and have been to Hyatt Place hotels all across the US- from CA to MA. The Hyatt Place at Coconut Point stood out as the best yet! Why? Well, you receive all of the great benefits of a Hyatt Place plus this great location and extreme friendliness and service. I was greeted with a hearty welcome and a free drink for being a Platinum Hyatt member. No other Hyatt Place has done that. More should do this. It was awesome. I wanted to stay longer than one night and definitely know I will be back. This hotel is in a terrific town and the ultimate location to walk to all of the stores, restaurants and movies. The town was decorated for Christmas and you could feel the "community".

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Pros:
As previously stated- Friendly staff, large clean rooms, and great location.

Cons:
A.C. Clicks Off & On all night. (I am writing this @ 3:00am, due to unable to sleep because of this).
(Called front desk to see if the could remedy the problem- stating "just turn it off!" Really!!)
No Shower pressure!
No TV guide for movie selections or available channels ( front desk advised to use the on-screen guide)
Guide only has channel numbers- NO guide to view

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

This is my second time staying at this hotel and both stays have been great. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are spacious (looks like every other Hyatt Place) and the location simply can't be beat.

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the hotel is extremely dog friendly, which is a huge bonus for me.

I have two small complaints, the first is with the A/C. It's very loud. During both of our stays the A/C was incredibly loud, often waking me up. Not the end of the world by any means, but an annoyance nonetheless. The second complaint is with the water pressure. The first time I don't remember it being too bad, but this time the water pressure was so bad that I couldn't wash my hair for fear I wouldn't get the shampoo/conditioner out.

Even with those two minor things, this is still a great hotel, and is our go-to place to stay when we are in the area. We live about an hour and a half north, and we plan to come down several times throughout the year for a mini vacation, and this is the hotel we will stay at when we visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MorganB945
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there three weeks ago with a group of around fifty ppl. They were very understanding with us even with all the kids running around. Beautiful room perfect stay. Cool new rooms with nice bathroom. Missing a vent in the bathroom though.

Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Estero
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
#3 of 15 in Bonita Springs
North Naples
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Naples

Been to Hyatt Place Coconut Point? Share your experiences!