“ultimate location for (upscale) shopping”

Hyatt Place Coconut Point
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Estero
GreenLeadersBronze level
haarlemmermeer
“ultimate location for (upscale) shopping”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

typical hyatt place in a wonderful location. nice lobby with small bar and business corner, all very clean and appealing. the outdoor pool is clean and crispy and the staff are very friendly. our mini suite had 2queens, wet bar with fridge, coffee-tea facilities and a huge (hd-)flatscreen. the bathroom however is very very small and there is no safe. breakfast is ok, but nothing special and it becomes a bit boring after a few days. tons of restaurants, like t.g.i. fridays and olive garden (must try: very tasty and great staff!) are within easy walking distance. so are many (designer-) shops in this beautiful, italian style outdoor mall. actually the most beautiful and extensive I have ever seen; a must vist. tjmaxx and ross are also around. estero outlet mall and bonita barefoot beach are a 10min drive, so it's easy to spend a holiday at this hyatt place. We'd always return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Upon arrive I was greeted by Alley at the front desk. There was someone checking in ahead of me and while my husband and I waited we were offered infused water (which is something new Hyatt is offering to the hotel guests during the summer months). My check-in process went very smoothly and with the rate that I booked my husband and I were given a short tour of the hotel by Alley (She was very friendly, knowledgeable and very professional) which I found to be very clean and modern. The hotel featured an inviting lobby complete with an intimate coffee area, wine café, and a dining area with freshly prepared menu items 24-hours a day. There is a business area with computers/printer, fitness center and a pool area with a Jacuzzi open from 6am – 10pm.

Our room was very spacious and featured contemporary decor with stylish furniture, divided living and sleeping areas. We had a very comfortable king plush Hyatt Grand Bed, work center with a 42" flat-panel HD television that worked with my laptop and other electronic devices. Guest rooms offer complimentary Wi-Fi access. The oversized Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper was very comfortable and the wet/dry bar, bathroom vanity had granite countertops. There were ample pillows, blankets, a mini frig, extra towels and complimentary toiletries. Thank you to Ana our housekeeper for a spotless room! You’re amazing.

The staff greeted everyone as you came and left. There is a delicious and plentiful continental breakfast served near the check in desk. The bowls, plates, and glassware were all placed above the food in open cabinets, much like a home kitchen. The breakfast on weekends included eggs, sausages, pancakes, toast, bread, bagels, donuts, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, and delicious oatmeal (with raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon offered as toppers). There was a nice juice bar with pitchers of several different juices and beverages for you to pour. There was a coffee & tea (Tazo) station with 4 or five different flavors/types and included all the condiments.

The location was really a plus for us as we were right in front of Coconut Point shopping center which is an outdoor Simon Mall. There was every store you can think of from name brand to discount stores; Marshalls, TJ Max, Target, Ross, etc. The shopping center is filled with dining and entertainment. This location is also very close to the Miromar Outlets, Fort Myer’s Beach, Estero Island. We definitely will be returning again.

My only complaint would be that they "hold" $25.00 incidental charge additionally to your room price if you pay using a debit/credit/bank card. I was told the hold would last 7-10 days and then would be released. This is odd to me being that I paid with credit card and not my debit card.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a Couple (Leisure)

Room Tip: Corner room away from Rt 41.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Estero, Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The entire staff made the stay so much better...What an amazing group of people they have here...Can't thank them enough and could never say enough great things about the entire stay...Top of the list as far as hotel stays go..

Room Tip: Don't forget the pool and hot tub....525 was a room with two queen comfortable beds..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed for two nights on a business trip. Rooms were very spacious and well equipped with everything one may need. Service was excellent all the way, breakfasts are just as they should be; simple and delicious with right amount of choices. Definitely stay again when in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular Hyatt Place. Great location that is near a lot of shopping, including the Miromar Outlet Mall. The room was what I would expect from Hyatt Place, clean and comfortable. The new hot breakfast was great too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose to spend our first anniversary at Hyatt Place in Estero, Florida. We made the perfect choice! We were greeted by the friendliest staff. Both hotel employees we met on the first night congratulated us and made a big deal of our special occasion. The room was super affordable and beautiful. We got a King size bed and a view of the pool. The room was modern, clean, and classy. The bathroom was very clean. The bath products were so-so. We loved the huge flat screen that was mounted on a swivel and the free wi-fi. We also enjoyed shopping at the adjacent Coconut Point shopping center. Every shop and restaurant you can think of, and a pretty decent Regal movie theater. We also enjoyed a drink and a cookie at the bar. The free breakfast was great. We will always cherish the memories of our first anniversary, and will always be thankful that we chose the Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The hospitality was excellent! Every staff member made me feel welcome and very much at home during my recent three-day stay. As a weary traveler, returning from a time zone six hours ahead of EST, I especially appreciated having the light menu and beverages from the coffee and wine bar available 24 hours a day by simply calling the front desk. Everything in the hotel was fresh, and spotlessly clean. My room was spacious and perfectly appointed with everything I needed: sofa, ottoman, desk with plenty of outlets at hand to plug in my computer and other devices, a large countertop with under-counter refrigerator, flat screen TV, drawers and closet space galore, a big countertop for toiletries, a full-length dressing mirror, rain shower head and tub, comfortable bed, quiet A/C with individual control, and an all-off feature for turning all the lights off at once when I left the room. Hyatt Place Coconut Point will be my #1 choice for future stays in Bonita Springs.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Estero
Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers-Estero/FGCU
Trianon Bonita Bay
Trianon Bonita Bay
#8 of 15 in Bonita Springs

Been to Hyatt Place Coconut Point? Share your experiences!