“Great Food With Average Service”

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #5 of 110 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
Kalamazoo
“Great Food With Average Service”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Had a window seat which overlooked Lemon Bay so we enjoyed watching fish jumping out of the water while we waited for our food. Took quite a while for 2 meals to come out (approximately 1/2 hour). The tropical chicken is outstanding with a large grilled chicken breast covered with a mango, red pepper and pineapple chutney/salsa. Corn pudding was a bit on the custardy side and the baked sweet potato was served with a liquid mango-rum butter. Quite tasty. My husband had coconut shrimp with a strawberry dipping sauce (the sauce was more like a strawberry creme sauce). The waitress was quite busy and flew past the table once asking if everything was delicious but she kept right on going before we could even answer her. The great food, however, outweighed the average service.

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My taste-buds are still going crazy. What great food, I had a salad with sweet and spicy/sour pecans in it and then St. Croix Chicken House Specialty. Absolutely wonderful. And the server I had, her name was Mona was a delight, quick, polite, and knew everything about each dish and did not mind explaining. I've eaten there twice but when she was my server it was much better. I definitely recommend going there but I would as for Mona as your server.

Englewood, Florida
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We love going there for lunch, sitting outside in a garden setting with Caribbean music in the background. The variety of food is impressive and every meal is without surprises.

Naples, Florida
“Not really on "the water" and probably not worth the trip.”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

There were four of us and the food ranged from pretty good to just average at best. My brides had the pecan crusted fish (pretty good) while I had the Wahoo which was over cooked and the mashed potatoes were poor (average at best). The other two appeard to find their fish average. The place was kind of tacky -- sort of an older, well-used Red Lobster -- and had very average atmosphere. The waitress was less than friendly, possibly verging on surly. One oddity was that the urinals were so high that I had to use the regular -height toilets -- I assume that the installer was female since no guy would put 'em up so high. We drove over an hour and half (from Naples) and really didn't think the trip was worth it. Maybe it's worth a 15 minute trip.

2 Thank Fridgemon
Venice, Florida
“Mediocre”
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I made reservations for 16 of our neighbors at 7:00pm 7-31-10. None of us had ever been to Farlows but our dear friends Kim and Dave were entertaining and we wanted to hear them. My wife and I arrived about 6:35PM to check the tables and the hostess informed us in a not so friendly tone, we were early but the tables were ready. So what if we were early. we had several drinks before the rest of our party arrived. A better response would have been Oh great Mr. Schell your tables are ready and thanks for coming to Farlows.
Two of us had Calamari as a starter and neither was cooked properly. I ordered steak medium well and it came with much pink inside. I ordered Baileys on the rocks and it came without the rocks. Our server Lee, was great but I think had to many tables to account for. She has a good personality. Needless to say we would not come back

2 Thank tom11467