“Worth the Drive”

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
PUNTA GORDA
“Worth the Drive”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We live about 25 miles away from Farlows and have heard over the years that it is a good place to eat. On our anniversary we decided to make the trip and we weren't disappointed. As you can see on-line, the menu is very diversified. They also had a page full of specials. Our waitress was very attentive, especially since she found out we hadn't been there before. The bus girl was also very quick to clean the table, etc. I had a mojito to get me in the Caribbean mood and it was very good.We started with a calamari appetizer which was excellent. This was followed by a crisp and interesting house salad with a wonderful house vinegrette (sp?)dressing. My husband had one of the house specials which was baked grouper with crabmeat stuffing and a mango sauce and I had their dish that includes three crab stuffed shrimp, three scallops and a piece of grilled fish. We were very pleased with the meal and the service. One thing we discussed on the way home was the very nice flavor everything had which we figured was due to the attention they give to fresh herbs and different flavorings. We ate inside so didn't get to hear all the music but the atmosphere was very nice. We definitely will be going back to Fowlers and recommend others try it too. Their lunch menu looks interesting also.

• Visited June 2014
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thanks for making the trip to see us, and we're so happy to hear that your experience was a great one! We certainly do take great care to give every dish we create a delicious, fresh flavor, and we'll be sure to pass along your praises to the kitchen. We can't wait to welcome you again someday soon!

Best,

Englewood, Florida
“Nice place. Eat outside, if weather allows.”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Weeknight dinner. From out of town, but stop here every visit. Never disappoints. A little pricey, but it has more atmosphere than any other place I can think of in Venice or here. Great patio, live music, good food. Especially like the chicken/cranberry salad, wings. All good. Take a walk around the back.

• Visited June 2014
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Your loyalty means so much to us, and we hope to continue welcoming you for many years to come. Thank you for keeping us on your list, and for sharing this great recommendation. See you next time!

Toronto, Canada
“Mussels Are A MEAL!”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

OUR first time. The hostess was accommodating.for us. The mussels were heavenly and splurping great broth.The table of 4 sampled my appetite,we all agreed.Devine. WE had different entrees and all wereexcellent. In fact we came second time in the week and enjoyed more of the menul.Quite satisfying.Yum.

• Visited May 2014
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thanks so much, Maureen! Your glowing review means more than you know, and we'll absolutely share it with the whole team. We hope you plan on coming in to dine with us again very soon!

Englewood, Florida
“What's Not to Love?”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Farlow's has the perfect location and with the new renovations to the outdoor area, it is even more enjoyable. If I'm visiting for lunch I always order the St Croix Crab Salad. Two scoops of delicious crabmeat on fresh greens with strawberries and delicious dressing. For dinner, for me it's the St Croix Seafood Pie which is a real treat. My husband loves the Tropical Mahi Mahi. Definitely one of the top restaurants in Englewood.

• Visited May 2014
What a delight this is, Debbie, and we're so grateful to you for sharing it. We work hard to make everything delicious, and your wonderful feedback makes all of that hard work worthwhile. Please come in and see us again very soon -- we look forward to welcoming you!

Sarasota, Florida
“Finally tried Farlows and loved it. Great food, great atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My boss gave me a gift card to Farlow's months ago. We were out and about with our grandbaby,and my wife had just found the gift card,so we decided to give it a try for lunch. We drive by this place maybe 10 times a week and have never stopped in. Why? Heck if I know. Will we be back? Absolutely!

It's a beautiful place and very clean. Nice decor. It was a scorching hot day so we chose to eat inside, but the outside area is very well done and inviting. After we ate, we walked the grounds and went to the water side.

I couldn't believe that they had a Kentucky Hot Brown on the lunch menu. My wife thought I was nuts, but I haven't had one of these for at least 20 years. I used to love them when I was a kid growing up in Indiana. It is basically a turkey sandwich that is placed in a big dish, covered with delicious cheese sauce and bacon, and then baked. It's a fat man's dream come true. It was fantastic! It's all about the cheese, folks, and they have nailed it!

My wife had the chicken salad sandwich and enjoyed it very much. We also had fried green tomatoes and coconut shrimp appetizers -- both excellent. JUst a "light lunch" - hah hah.

Nice, friendly people. Great surroundings. Darn good food. I highly recommend Farlow's.

1 Thank J P
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We truly appreciate your recommendation, as well as this thorough review. It's always a delight to meet new people, and we hope you'll become a regular visitor. We'd love to continue welcoming you for many years to come!