“Mile high meat on a Rubin did not stack up”

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

How high is a mile high? Would you believe about 3/16 of an inch. That is short about 5279 feet and 11 and 13/16th inches.

1  Thank Bob4884
Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have visited this restaurant many times over the years and have always had great food and excellent service. We have even had a women's group of 20+ and received great service. A definite A+

1  Thank beachgirl-711-12
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Your loyalty means so much to us, and we can't thank you enough for your many visits and for sharing this great review. There's nothing better than getting an A+! Please let us know what we can do to earn that final star from you, as we're confident we can make your next visit absolute perfection. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The mix of Floridian and semi-Caribbean food here is usually quite tasty though the prices are the highest in town and are more reflective of the waiting line to get in than the food quality. My advice: go for lunch; if you want to pay a lot more for a bit more food then go to dinner- but just be prepared to wait30-45-90 minutes (no reservations taken). Sometimes there is live music, the outdoors seating is quite nice and the Cruzan rum drinks (mucho variety) are great. When the place is packed (many nights) the service is quite rushed which makes the diner feel as harried as the help. (Like i said try lunch and see if you think the wait, crowd and iffy service for dinner are worth it to you - many do.) .

We're so grateful for your thorough feedback, and please accept our sincerest apologies for any times when you've felt rushed while dining here. We want our atmosphere to be one of relaxation and ease, and we hope you'll keep us posted about your next few visits. We're delighted to hear that you like our food so much, and we hope to welcome you again very soon for lunch or dinner.

Best,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good food drinks and music, good pricing cant go wrong here. Lots of the food choices are influenced from the virgin islands

Thanks for coming in to dine with us, Kevin! We're always happy to welcome new people and we hope you'll find the opportunity to dine with us again. While we're very happy that you enjoyed the food, drinks, music, and waterfront setting, we hope we'll be able to earn another star or two when you come in next. Please let us know if there's anything specific we can do to make that happen!

All the best,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have been to Farlow's several times over the past few years and every visit we have had an excellent time, until our experience last night. Although the food was wonderful I had a hard time looking past the horrible customer service the hostess had. From the minute we walked in the door, my guests and I felt to be a burden to her. We had called ahead to put our name on the list in hopes that the wait would not be too long. When we check in with her, I simply asked how long she expected it to be, she seemed to be upset that I had asked such a question, and after looking at her list for a few seconds asked me to come back for an answer because she was not sure at that time. I had no problem waiting a couple of minutes for a more precise answer, but i did not appreciate her tone. I then sent my husband back to talk to her about a wait time, like she had asked me to do in the first place, and he informed me that she was rude to him. I do not think comments such as "you just got here, what do you expect" and "Well, you are obviously moving up my list" a comment that she had said to the couple beside us, who also went up to her asking how much longer it would be after they had already gone over the wait time she had quoted them before, are very polite phrases to say to a customer waiting to eat at your restaurant! After our meal last night I had talked to my friends about my poor experience, and they also informed me of a time they had visited Farlow's recently that the same girl had threatened to walk out, with my friends standing there! If it was not for the good food, and the nice waitress we had, I would not go back. I think she needs some training in customer service if you ask me!! I did enjoy talking to the older hostess though, she was very inviting and nice to both me and my friends, and the food was amazing as always.

1  Thank Sallie C
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

We're so sorry to hear this, Sallie, and we'll of course look into it with our host staff. While it's great to hear that you did and always do enjoy your meals with us, we want to give you a perfect experience across the board. It's our hope that you'll come in again soon so that we can earn back a few stars and restore our good reputation with you.

Best,