“Fantastic fresh catch”

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Short and to the point, my wife and I went there on our anniversary and it was excellent. I had blackened swordfish and it was probably the best fish I've ever had. The staff and service was great and the restaurant itself was very nice. I highly recommend eating here.

Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Wow! This is a stellar review, James, and we truly appreciate it. The blackened swordfish was an excellent choice, and we're so pleased to hear that you had great service and enjoyed the whole evening. You deserve nothing less on your anniversary, and we're honored that you spent it with us! Thank you for your recommendation, and we look forward to having you and your wife back very soon.

Best,
Laurie and Keith, Owners

Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We've been to Farlow's three times now, and I've been meaning to review it. From the ambience (we like to eat outside, overlooking the garden patio and the river) to the food to the island music, we've never been disappointed. If fish is your deal, then the fish here, including shellfish, is always perfectly prepared. For lunch I normally order a salad without the restaurant's fruity Caribbean fixin's, simply because I don't care for fruit with my main dish, and with a grilled or blackened bit of seafood. Always delicious and a good value.

Thanks so much for this wonderful review, and for your continued support and loyalty. We can't wait to have you back a fourth and fifth time — and many times thereafter! It's great to hear that you like the atmosphere, music, and food so much, and that you have your go-to lunch salad all picked out. We truly appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to having you back again very soon.

All the best,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I love the Atmosphere here! Its a little priceier than other resturants, yet worth it! Their fresh fish selection is fabulous.. Many different types..They also feature live music on weekends. Staff is friendly, informative, and well knowledged regarding the local seafood. This is a date night destination. Also a showoff place to bring your visitors or if your visiting. Their garden area outside, overlooking the creek is fabulous at night. We had a wonderful evening, and would not hesitate to go back. Actually, i'm looking forward to it... You may even see a rare saw tooth fish off their walkway behind the resturant and they have information on other marine life, right in their backyard.... Must see

Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoy our atmosphere, fresh fish selection and friendly staff. We're proud of that gorgeous view, so I'm happy you've been showing it off! I appreciate you letting your fellow reviewers know about the fun marine life—those insider tips are great! Looking forward to seeing you again soon. -- Laurie and Keith, Owners

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I always make it a point to have at least one meal at Farlows on our biannual trips to Englewood. The Costa Rican Mahi Mahi was perfect. Sadly it was on the specials menu so I am not sure I will get to have it again in May 2014. My wife had baramundi encrusted with macadamia nuts and a raspberry sauce. She said it was "just divine."

We have literally never had a bad or even average meal at Farlows since we found it in 2005. The only issue this trip was that we sat outside and my legs got eaten up by what I suspect was mosquitoes. Of course this is to be expected sitting outside in south Florida in August.

Thomas, thanks for making it a point to come by and see us every year, we're thrilled you've found some favorite dishes! We are always trying new things in the kitchen, and are so glad those specials were really—well—special. I do apologize about the mosquitoes—they're awfully pesky around here! We'll look forward to seeing you again in May. Who knows? You may just order your favorite Farlow's meal yet.

Take care,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I can buy cheap steak and farmed scallops here in ohio without spending 20$/plate. Live music was really great.

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed our location and live music, but sorry to hear you weren't "wowed" by our food. While I agree that you can certainly find meals for much less money, you won't find this kind of fresh, quality seafood anywhere else! We hope you could taste the difference, and certainly encourage you to come by the next time you're in the area. There's still so much of our menu to explore! -- Laurie and Keith, Owners