“Beautiful Atmosphere”

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I love the Atmosphere here! Its a little priceier than other resturants, yet worth it! Their fresh fish selection is fabulous.. Many different types..They also feature live music on weekends. Staff is friendly, informative, and well knowledged regarding the local seafood. This is a date night destination. Also a showoff place to bring your visitors or if your visiting. Their garden area outside, overlooking the creek is fabulous at night. We had a wonderful evening, and would not hesitate to go back. Actually, i'm looking forward to it... You may even see a rare saw tooth fish off their walkway behind the resturant and they have information on other marine life, right in their backyard.... Must see

Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoy our atmosphere, fresh fish selection and friendly staff. We're proud of that gorgeous view, so I'm happy you've been showing it off! I appreciate you letting your fellow reviewers know about the fun marine life—those insider tips are great! Looking forward to seeing you again soon. -- Laurie and Keith, Owners

Write a ReviewReviews (1,971)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I always make it a point to have at least one meal at Farlows on our biannual trips to Englewood. The Costa Rican Mahi Mahi was perfect. Sadly it was on the specials menu so I am not sure I will get to have it again in May 2014. My wife had baramundi encrusted with macadamia nuts and a raspberry sauce. She said it was "just divine."

We have literally never had a bad or even average meal at Farlows since we found it in 2005. The only issue this trip was that we sat outside and my legs got eaten up by what I suspect was mosquitoes. Of course this is to be expected sitting outside in south Florida in August.

Thomas, thanks for making it a point to come by and see us every year, we're thrilled you've found some favorite dishes! We are always trying new things in the kitchen, and are so glad those specials were really—well—special. I do apologize about the mosquitoes—they're awfully pesky around here! We'll look forward to seeing you again in May. Who knows? You may just order your favorite Farlow's meal yet.

Take care,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I can buy cheap steak and farmed scallops here in ohio without spending 20$/plate. Live music was really great.

Thanks for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I'm glad you enjoyed our location and live music, but sorry to hear you weren't "wowed" by our food. While I agree that you can certainly find meals for much less money, you won't find this kind of fresh, quality seafood anywhere else! We hope you could taste the difference, and certainly encourage you to come by the next time you're in the area. There's still so much of our menu to explore! -- Laurie and Keith, Owners

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Farlow's was kind enough to seat us at 9:05 (they close at 9). The staff was very kind and made sure we were happy after tasting each item that was selected. Particular fav's were sweet and sour vinaigrette, coconut shrimp and Australian Snook! Tamara was our waitress and she was very prompt and thoughtful! Thank you and we will be back for sure!

1  Thank Gotimegary
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thanks for your Tripadvisor review. I'm glad to hear you were impressed with our tasty food and friendly service—you can't beat that combination! It's always nice to get feedback on the staff, and I'll be sure to let Tamara know she's doing an excellent job. We appreciate your support and will look forward to your next meal with us.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had just gotten in to town and were soooo hungry. Stopped here to pick up a shrimp salad to take with us. It was fantastic! The grilled shrimp were awesome. Can't wait to go back for more.

Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thanks for stopping by. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the grilled shrimp salad, and that it really hit the spot! We'll look forward to seeing you next time you're in the mood for something fresh and tasty.

Take care,