“Pricey but worth every peny” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Farlow's On The Water

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
Englewood, Florida
“Pricey but worth every peny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Had lunch there this past week Excellent blue crab salad served with seasoned large shrimp on a bed of mixed greems in tortilla bowl. House dressing was to die for and the wait staff was beyond great. While the lunch crowd was mosty senior citizens and very noisey (loud actually) the atmosphere was worth it. You coud sit inside or outside looking over oyster creek I think it is called but we ate inside as we had some business to discuss, the red hat ladies and another large group of people were outside. get my drift there? While I oo not usually spend 20.00+ for a lunch, I would def. recommend this place. It is on my list to return another day.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our blue crab salad last week, and that the dressing was the perfect accompaniment! I do apologize for the noisy guests, but am glad they didn't deter you from enjoying everything. We appreciate your recommendation, and hope we'll see you again soon.

Laurie and Keith, Owners

“Great food, pleasant staff, good recipe for an enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was our third consecutive spring in the Port Charlotte/ Englewood area. Each year, Farlow's on the water is a must on our list of restaurants to visit. The wait staff is very competent and seems to genuinely enjoy their jobs. The food is excellent, appealing to the eye as well as the palate, as you can see in the picture.The setting, as the name implies, is indeed, on the water. The three diners in our party had entrees ranging from the steak special of the night, the sea food medley in puff pastry, and a linguine with lobster special. If you are planning on being in this area, I would most certainly recommend a visit to Farlow's.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thanks so much for your excellent review. We're thrilled to hear we're a yearly "must" on your list, and that the food, service and atmosphere are always spot on! We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to seeing you next year.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Not what we hoped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We decided to dine at Farlows on our last night in Florida, based on reports on Tripadvisor.
Phoned ahead and were told that currently there was no wait, and, on arrival, we were shown straight to a table.
Started with a Voo Doo cocktail which was great! The California Shiraz was also a good choice.
The Escargot appetiser was very good, although let down by the accompanying bread, which was small bread rolls, rather than the traditional baguette.
I had the Fresh Catch of the Day, which was Grouper with French fries and asparagus. The asparagus was good, the fish was a very small, greasy portion and very mediocre. However, the French fries were hard right the way through, and would have appalled any Frenchman.
My wife had the Seafood Pie, with sweet potato fries and mixed veg, which was quite enjoyable.
Service was very slow.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hi Lloyd,

Thanks so much for your rating. I'm glad to hear you really enjoyed our wine and cocktails, and that the food was overall good! We appreciate your feedback about the baguette,filet size and french fries, and apologize that you weren't happy with those aspects of your meal. We hope you'll give us another chance to impress you the next time you're in the area. I know we can win you over.

Cheers,
Laurie and Keith, Owners
“HousE speciality a must”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Very splendid time and food was the bomb. I ha the house special seafood pie and it was spectacular. Top of the menu and very reasonable. There is a wait but we got in immediately in the bar section,raised bar stools weren't as comfortable as a booth but food was great

Visited April 2013
Laurie F, Owner at Farlow's On The Water, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hi Shawn,

Thank you very much for your review. I'm happy to hear your meal was "the bomb" and that the price point was good! I'm glad you didn't have much of a wait, and hope you'll join us again for dinner soon.

Venice, Florida
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had out of town guests & I took them to Farlows on the Water for dinner. We all ordered something different from the menu & we were all very pleased with our choices. I had the filet mignon with bearnaise sauce - the steak melted in my mouth.

The only problem was we had to wait 90 minutes for a table. I was told when we got there that I could have called ahead for a table 40 minutes before we arrived. The next time I go there, I will do that. We enjoyed a cocktail out on the patio while waiting. Well worth the wait!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you and your out-of-town guests enjoyed your meals, and that the steak was melt-in-your-mouth good. I am sorry for the long wait, but am glad to hear you won't hold that against us! We'd love to accommodate you and your guests again soon.

All our best,