“Best restaurant on the West Coast of Florida!”

Farlow's On The Water
Ranked #5 of 109 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: After you experience a meal at Farlow's On The Water, you'll find this restaurant will quickly become a favorite place for you, your family and friends.All our food is made fresh daily. We use the freshest fish and seafood, meats and produce we can find. Come and enjoy items from a menu that features a variety of delicious appetizers, entrees, desserts, tropical drinks, and gluten-free options. Choose from some of our signature dishes, such as Seafood Pie, our fresh catch fish selections, and beautiful salads, like our Cranberry Chicken Salad or our Crab Salad.The herbs used in our delicious dishes are grown in our garden here at the restaurant. You are welcome to tour the garden and allow your taste buds to be teased by the scent of parsley, basil and rosemary.Farlow's offers live music Wednesday through Sunday nights. Join us for a great meal filled with delicious food, refreshing drinks from our full bar, a beautiful view from our inside or open air dining rooms and fun entertainment.
Gainesville, Florida
“Best restaurant on the West Coast of Florida!”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I just have to write about the incredible experience I had at Farlows On The Water in Englewood. From the minute we walked in until our last after-dinner drink, it was a fun, fantastic experience.

I noticed a lot of empty parking lots at Englewood restaurants while driving to dinner, but the lot at Farlows was packed. It didn't take long to find out why. We had to wait a short time for the table, but that just gave us a chance to visit the bar which had our top shelf favorites. The atmosphere was like we had been dropped off on a Caribbean Island instead of Englewood. We could look out through the tropical gardens to the water that reflected the setting sun.

When we were seated, the service was prompt and friendly. And the food was delicious! It was easy to tell that the fish we ordered was fresh. The tropical sauces on the seafood had incredible flavor. This was by far the best meal I've had in a long, long time. Sorry Tampa, Sarasota and Naples -- this is the best restaurant on the West Coast of Florida.

After dinner, we moved to the outdoor bar to listen to the live music. Our bartender was entertaining and mixed a great drink. A fantastic end to a perfect evening.

• Visited July 2011

Englewood, Florida
“Great food and wonderful ambiance”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Farlows on the Water is one of the premier restaurants in Englewood, FL. Most of the meals begin with an outstanding fresh salad with the best house dressing anywhere. They always have a large selection of specials, many of which are fresh seafood. A good amount of their dishes have a tropical flair, and their coconut shrimp is the best I've ever eaten, made with freshly grated coconut and served with an amazing strawberry dipping sauce. It can be ordered as an appetizer or dinner portion. There is live, outdoor music most nights, and a great selection of specialty drinks. Farlow's is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion, or just relax with outstanding food and service.

Atlanta, GA
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have passed by Farlow for years while on vacation, but decided to give it a try....we have been missing a treat for years! Lots of delicious specials. We tried the St. Croix stuffed Tripletail with sweet potato fries and edamame with roasted red peppers. It was fantastic! Kids had grouper bites and they were great too! Wish we had tried it earlier! Great carribean atmsphere!

1 Thank amosAtlanta_GA
Englewood, Florida
“Fabulous atmosphere”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

My girlfriends and I look forward to our Friday nites at Farlows. We sit at the outside bar sipping our delicious martinis,being entertained as much by the witty staff as the great musicians they employ. I would recommend this place to everyone. Great place to just kick back and relax. The food is awsome.

1 Thank kjk210
Roanoke, Virginia
“Might be a good place, but bartender was so rude that I decided not to eat there.”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We arrived at the restaurant and got a drink at the outdoor bar. The bartender was a woman --probably around 50. I don't think I've ever met a more rude bartender! I ordered a mixed drink and she put it in a tall glass. I politely asked if they normally used tall glasses for mixed drinks, because I was used to the shorter glasses and really didn't want that much tonic water. She snapped, "WHY would I do that?? THAT would be 'with a splash'! " I was shocked at how rude she was. Why not just mix me a new drink? That's what most bartenders would do. I told her that I did not want the drink. She replied, "Well do you want to talk to my manager because it's GONNA be on your tab!" Wow. Why was she deliberately picking a fight with me? I couldn't believe her behavior---is she not in the "service" industry? It was very upsetting. She then went on to stick her lower lip out like she was pouting, and insisted, "I mix a mean drink!" I left the drink sitting there and was trying to let my anger cool down so I could decide whether or not to complain to a manager. I had just arrived in Florida after traveling for a good portion of the day and didn't know whether I wanted to bother. After some time had passed, she snatched the drink, took it down the bar, and poured more alcohol in it -- as far as I could tell. She didn't look at me or say a word, so I'm not really sure. She just put the drink back in my general area. This place was pretty outside and the bar area was nice. Too bad she ruined it for us. We left after one drink and vowed not to go back for the remainder of our vacation.

1 Thank Kat58134