“Lurch lives here”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Croft Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Beach Croft Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Lurch lives here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

I have never met such a paranoid in my life.This person should not only be out of buisness but in a loony tune ward as well. If you value your life do not stay here. Flies a POW MIA flag if he really cared then he would want people to know why. Could be such a nice welcoming stay .......... IF THE ADAMS FAMILY DID NOT LIVE THERE!!!!!!!!!.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank zipjump2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Forsyth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Be prepared to get a great rate, however YOU must complete the paperwork and pay cash. The unit we were assigned had an air conditioner issue and Brett promptly moved us to another available unit of our choice. In addition, we were able to relocate back to the king unit we requested. Just steps to the beach---LOCATION is great! Quiet and relaxing. Internet cafe a plus!
Would recommend highly to anyone. However, despite the lush jungle setting... please be aware "This is not 'Nam, there are RULES! " NO VISITORS--STRICTLY ENFORCED!
Abide by the rules and your stay will be incident free.

Donnie and Phyllis
Manchester, MD

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DonPhyllis
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

My friend and I stayed here and had no problems. The place was very clean, and was right on the beach which is key. There are bar/restaurants within walking distance which is also nice. The manager may not be the most outgoing guy, but he was fine. He let me borrow one of those poles with the mesh basket on the end to find sharks teeth on the beach, which was nice. He also provided my friend and I with beach chairs (no charge) which was also pretty nice of him. If you want a quiet place to stay, I would recommend the Beach Croft. The grounds are pretty neat--bohemian you might say. Lots of plants and flowers everywhere. I liked it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

I traveled Christmas. I told the owner we were there vsting family for a family reunion..he did say we could not have guests. I said fine, we will be spoending most of our time at the Condo's next door where everyone else is staying... and to me, Guests meant over night. My parents live in town, I have a sister in Sarasota, and other family was there from Washington state staying next door at Castaways. We couldn't stay a whole week, so instead of wasting money for a whole week where we usually stay next door, we went to the Beach Croft which we had always seen, tucked in there, looking quite cozy and friendly.... We were confronted our first day, when my niece came from next door to get something for us. The owner confronted her and upset her, she ws only 16. I went back and then my nephew stopped by as he parked in the visitor lot for the public beach, to see if we wanted to go down to the beach. The owner came screaming that we were not supposed to have quests. I said they aren't guests, I sent my neice from next door to get something I forgot and my nephew came to find me. Nothing mattered to him, he kept saying I signed the agreement that clearly said no guests allowed!I I tried to reason with him and he began a screaming match he finally said he was calling the police unless we left... I called the police. I had to go find my husband and tell him I just got us kicked out. The police were very nice and said that this was not the first time they had been called there and that the guy was well known to them...He had refused to refund our money, but when the police urged him to do so, he refunded 2 out of 4 nights as we had booked. We packed our bags at 8pm and my husband and I and our 3 kids slept on the floor of my bothers condo next door for 2 nights and then we left a day early. I had not seen my brother and his family 8 years.. 2 of his children I had never met...That owner ruined what should have been a wonderful family reunion all because of some paranoid delusions. It was an Unbeleiveable experience. We still go back to Englewood, I love the beach, but now we always stay at...The Castaways. It is very family frieldly and you don't have some lunatic watching every move you make and acting like you are smuggling imigrants. If you are antisocial and want complete seclusion...go for it...

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank sandysea710

Travelers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Barnegat, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

The grounds are a nightmare. It's unsafe to walk from your room to the beach because of loose bricks. We had to ask for toilet paper. No housekeeping at all. The only thing you get is clean towels. No guests are allowed to visit you. We asked if we could let our friend park in our spot while we took our car to Sarasota, and the owner said no. The only good thing was they let you call anywhere from a phone that's outside. I wonder if they are able to get insurance for the place. Its quiet and the owner lurks around the grounds. They do not take credit cards and make you pay in cash or travelers checks.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Vincent G
Brookston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2011

I have stayed here many times with my sisters.. It is the closet thing to home we have here in Florida! Bottom Line, if you don't like nature don't stay here~! It is hidden, very private and it is small... but with that being said, it is a great place to land, especially if you like peace and quiet. It isn't overgrown, it just has foliage, which makes things more beautiful.. Just a few steps to the beach, no road to cross.. Brett and Sharon are very nice and always aim to please..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mgwds1
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I love the old Florida atmosphere of this place. Cool foliage tunnels to traverse through. Baby Lizards run and play outside. There's a hose outsie to rinse your feet too when you come in from the beach. Great location near the beach and food. Most of all it's priced right. We never saw the owners after our check in with no hassle from them whatsoever. Upon arrival Brett gave us an umbrella and two beach chairs too. He says very little but his actions speak loudly. Sharon is great too. I've read unkind and unfair reviews of the Beach Croft. So just do what you say you will do and everything will be great. After all! They own the place, you don't. You are their guest and like all places, there are rules. If you are expecting the Hilton then go to the Hilton. So what if all the towels don't match. At least THE PLACE IS CLEAN! This is a true taste of "Old Florida" We recommend the Beach Croft to all and we will most definately stay there again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank beachboy799
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Pearl Beach Inn
Pearl Beach Inn
#1 of 10 in Englewood

Been to Beach Croft Motel? Share your experiences!