“Best Value and Best View on the Gulf”
Review of Ko Ko Kai Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Ko Ko Kai Resort
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
mt prospect
“Best Value and Best View on the Gulf”
Reviewed April 18, 2010

You want to be within 10 feet from the waves. You will not be dissapointed on this view. After reading the last crazy comment, I just have to add my feedback. Steve is the best. He was always available and was very considerate to our requests. When we arrived (around 2AM) He was right there to make sure we had everything. He seemed like he took a lot of pride in his property. It was very early but I had no idea how awesome the view was till the next morning. Steve and his staff would check on us throughout our stay to make sure everything was going great. The place was very clean and well stocked. I would recommend this place to family and friends

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I was just about to book at stay at this resort (ready to spend $1000+) but Steve was so rude on the phone (sarcastic when just answering reasonable questions, hung up on me, etc.) that I decided to pass. Wow! I cant believe they can stay in business treating potential customers this way.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank mermaidenmom

Travelers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Baltimore
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Right on the beach with a great sun set deck. The owner Steve even made us cocktails free of charge at sunset. I dont know id he always does this but he did for us. The public beach was probably only a mile away. We stayed for a week and have already reserved a week in February for our anniversary.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Secaucus nj
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Can't wait to go back again. Jay the manger went ouy of his way to make us feel welcomed. All the locals were so friendly.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrosocool
Detroit
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The Ko Ko Kia is not a full service resort Hotel with beauty spas, saunas and exercise rooms, but it is a quaint, quiet off the beaten path “vacation get-away spot.” This place is right on the beach, any closer and you would be in the Gulf of Mexico. There are miles of natural gulf coast beaches to swim in, collect sea shells, or just take a relaxing walk on. It has a knowledgeable and helpful staff that will assist you in finding all the local restaurants and shopping facilities you would need on your stay. Not far from big city amenities, if that’s your thing, or you can bring some supplies and get away from the hustle and bustle and just plain relax with your toes in the warm sand. The best part of your stay will be sitting out on the balcony and watching the sun drop right into the Gulf (awesome view).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Getmeaway84
Central Florida
Reviewed January 15, 2010

This hotel is practically on top of the beach, the views were incredible. The rooms were okay for the price. The manager of the property was friendly and helpful. We were new to the area and were very happy with all the charm of Ko Ko Kai. Our kids had a blast playing on the beach, they're 8 and 10 year old girls. We definitely plan to come back again soon, thanks Ko Ko Kai for being so hospitable and making our trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank PeacefulPenny
nyc new york
Reviewed November 25, 2009

I wouldnt let my pet rat stay here. First of all, the staff asked me if I had any narcotic pills. A girl that lived there asked me for a ride to pick up her Methadone. The owner, who introduced himself as "Steve" was more of a money grubbing jerk that charged me for a 5 star hotel and laughed at me after I saw the room and asked for my money back. Not only was the staff that looked completely cracked out flawlessly disturbing, they were also incoherant drunks. The plumbing was horrid and I am almost positive that someone was murdered there. Not only was it trashy and overpriced, I wouldn't let someone pay me to stay at this place. Me and all of my friends all agree, that Ko Ko Kia is a complete waste of Ocean side space. Don't subject your loved ones to this.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank samsung0636
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#1 of 10 in Englewood
Sun Coast Inn
Sun Coast Inn
#4 of 10 in Englewood

Been to Ko Ko Kai Resort? Share your experiences!