“Third Review”
Review of Ko Ko Kai Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Englewood
Ko Ko Kai Resort
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Third Review”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This will be our third review of Ko Ko Kai. I give the place excellent because it was an amazing vacation and better than before in every way. Booking this time was not as big of a deal as it has been in the past (he remembered me this time). The beach here is just beautiful. The apartments leave a little to be desired – but if you know what you are getting into you shouldn’t be disappointed. They are not spotless and shiny, they are gulf front apartments with older mismatched furniture. Walking in with sand on your feet isn’t something you have to worry about, which is nice – depending on what kind of traveler you are. If you want a full service resort or hotel-like experience, find another place. If you want a super inexpensive place to stay with wonderful views and a nearly private beach, give it a shot. There are a lot of horrible reviews on this property – but I must say each time I am there the complex is FULL and everyone there is completely happy with the place (usually are return guests). Too bad they don’t review too. Feel free to contact me.

• Liked — The location and value.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank explorepossibilities

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Wauchula, FL
Reviewed January 14, 2007

Me, my husband, and my in-laws stayed at Ko KO Kai for three of the longest days of our lives! I found the resort(?) on the Internet as I was looking for accommodations at Englewood Beach. On the web site it did in fact look as if the beautiful place with the pool next door was part of Ko Ko Kai. We sent a check for half the amount and it was nonrefundable. When we arrived we were put in a room that smelled like dead fish. When we walked in the apartment we said we could not stay there so the owner put us in the room facing the gulf. Sound beautiful? NOT! There was a line of very tall trees that blocked the view of the gulf that was growing onto the upstairs deck, the room looked as if it had never been dusted, there was BIG roaches in the kitchen, one guest room had a big stain on the carpet that looked like someone had been murdered there or something, the appliances were old and didn't work good at all and as someone else said, the plumbing needed a lot of work. We looked all around Englewood for another place to stay but with the "snowbirds" everything was booked solid. I for one would never, EVER recommend Ko Ko Kai to anyone. What a disaster.

• Liked — the beach
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2004, traveled as a couple
6 Thank empygrl1

Travelers are raving about these Englewood hotels

Waverly, Iowa
Reviewed August 17, 2006

Nice little area, particularly if your on the beach. Roomy for small group. We had a two bedroom on the beach and it was great. it was quiet even with the walk to the beach along side the room, full size fridge, microwave, kitchen. The staff was friendly and helpful. It is an aged resort and definitly not plush but if your going to stay in your room in Florida take my advice and stay home.

3 Thank Daryl'sadork
Florida
Reviewed June 11, 2006

My husband, two of our boys(ages 5 & 13) and I went to the Ko Ko Kai Resort for my husband's birthday weekend in June. I found the place on the internet. The resort does no look anything like the pictures on the website. On the website you will see a two story building on the right(this is Ko Ko Kai) and you will see a building with a pool on the left(this is no longer there and was not the Ko Ko Kai). The area next door(by looking at the website, I thought this was the resort) was knocked down and they are building two five story buildings. When we arrived at the Ko Ko Kai the owner asked that we pay cash or check only. If we paid cash he wouldn't charge us tax. We never signed any paper work. We had a 2bdr/2 bath, 2nd floor condo, facing the beach. The beach was beautiful. The room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in years. Spiders everywhere. Dust on everything. The appliances were old, the fridge drawers broken, and there were electric wires sticking out of the wall in sveral places. There was only one lightbulb in each room. One bathroom had no shower curtain. The other bathroon had previously had a glass sliding door. It must have broken recently because there were peices of glass all in the tub when I went to wash my 5 year old. They had put up a shower curtain liner in this bathroom, but the inside of the curtain was covered with mold. Neither toilet worked and my husband (Yes, My Husband) finally rigged one toilet to get us thru the night. All the other hotels in he area were booked. We paid the going rate for a nice beachfront room and that is not what we got. We had paid the owner directly(cash) for the room and we never saw him again. We also paid an extra amount for a late checkout on Sunday, but because of T.S. Alberto the weather was dreadful, so we left early and asked for the late check out fee back but the people in the office said they couldn't help us. We would never recommend this place and we would never stay there again. We would sleep in our car first.

14 Thank Vickbo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Weston's WannaB Inn
Weston's WannaB Inn
#2 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Ko Ko Kai Resort? Share your experiences!