“Welcome Addition to Placida area”
Review of Placida Grill

Placida Grill
Ranked #9 of 114 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nightly Fresh Fish Specials, wood burning grill for burgers and steaks, everything made from scratch. Craft beers and cocktails.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We have eaten here three times since the current owners took over. All three have far exceeded the previous restaurant at this location.
Our most recent visit this week was with family. We were all impressed! There was a rib-eye special that my husband and granddaughter both enjoyed very much. My daughter and I had the shrimp and scallops dish, and it was delicious. My grandson ordered the salmon and asked to have the tomatillo sauce omitted. The waitress told him that the sauce was what made the dish, then went and got him a sample of sauce to try. He loved it, and ate every bite of the salmon tostada stack. We had two table desserts, grandson had regular Creme brûlée and granddaughter had Creme brûlée with chocolate ganache. Both of them did everything but lick their bowls!
One strange thing. I ordered a house salad, and it was delicious! However, it was advertised as field greens with blueberries and sugared pecans. It had no blueberries, and instead of pecans, sunflower seeds. Still, it was very good! We will definitely go back! Kudos to Chef Susie and the new ownership!

1  Thank Palacegypsy13

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Decided to try this place based on the reviews we saw. The food was delicious and we loved trying different menu items. However the service wasn't the best - I think we may have had a new waitress - she was very nice, but the service wasn't up to par. But the food was worth the stop!

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My new favorite restaurant - everything is fresh and from scratch. Chef Susie brings her Western sensibility to the fresh foods of the Gulf Coast. The Killer Shrimp really is killer, with a lovely coconut curry broth, and and anything with the pork green chili or pork carnitas should be renamed Killer. Did i mention everything is fresh and from scratch? They have the best iceberg wedge/blue cheese salad in the entire area. Someday maybe I'll get to try a dessert, but so far I always fill up on the entrée - too good to waste!I'm not a beer lover, so the craft beer selection is wasted on me, but they have a nice wine list to keep me happy. If they ever get a full liquor license, they will be perfect! Really, I must have eaten there 25 times, and I have no complaints at all, just anticipation of my next visit. Oh, and I'm not family or an employee or investor, or even a friend. Well, I wasn't a friend, but when I eat alone I sit at the bar, and these are some really nice people, so maybe I am a friend now!

4  Thank DizeyinBoca
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Great place! Reasonably priced and great staff!! Highly recommend!!!
We were a family of 17 and just showed up. They made space and sat us immediately. Food was hot, chick, and deliciousness! !!!

1  Thank dan d
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Our first visit to this relatively new restaurant and it was a real find. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. They have a good wine list and the service is friendly and efficient. They deserve to do well