“close to home”

Ranked #39 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks,ribs,prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
Grand Haven, Michigan
“close to home”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Atmosphere is ok, very casual. Serves Mexican dishes which are ok. Have seen it only open for dinner but could be wrong. Food is just so so.

Visited February 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I wish we could've wowed you with your meal when you visited. Thanks for reaching out and letting me know what you thought, though. I'll keep your comments in mind, and I hope you'll be back for an even better experience the next time you're in town!

Take care,

Fort Myers, Florida
“Second chance”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

OK so maybe the first time last year was a fluke....not really...we went back. My husband had the overpriced prime Rib it was not at all tender or flavorful. I ordered a lovely angel hair pasta with sauteed prime rib bites in a garlic beef sauce with basil and tomatoes...the meat was old and tough.The pasta and spices were flavorful so basically I paid $15.for a small portion of angel hair pasta.
We will not return.

• Visited March 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I'm disappointed to hear about your experience, Chris. We rarely have complaints on our Prime Rib and I'm so sorry it didn't meet your expectations. I'm not sure if you commented to your server or host about your meal; we try to correct any problems at the time they occur. Because I don't know the time, the date and i'm unable to look at the product being served there is little I can investigate. We have daily meetings with our service and kitchen staff to try to improve their sensitivity to customer satisfaction and quality. I'm sorry that your server or host did not approach your table to ask how everything was and I'll definitely following up with our staff to insure every table is given the chance to voice their approval or displeasure. We appreciate you giving us a second chance and you can trust your criticism will result in positive results.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a shame......”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Last night four of us went here for dinner after reading some great reviews, unfortunately it wasn't great!! It was freezing inside, service was average, and the food was most disappointing! I love my steak, and I ordered the 14oz Prime Rib, it was a great piece of meat and cooked very well, and had it been even remotely warm I'm sure I'd have loved it! All of our food was stone cold and bland!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Matthew W
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I'm sorry to read about your experience, Matthew. We're known for our Prime Rib, and I'm disappointed to hear that your food was not served to you at the correct temperature. I hope you brought this up with your server, as we're always more than happy to fix any issues you have with your meal. Thank you for visiting, and I hope you'll be able to return for a much improved experience in the future!

Take care,
Englewood, Florida, United States
“Well, What happened?”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I review things that I like and dislike. We have been to Prime Time three time since our first visit. This last one on Sunday Feb 16 about 6:30 PM for my sisters birthday was almost a total failure. JoAnn served us and did a good job as usual. The problem started with the lobster tails that the cook told us that had fallen apart. He informed us of the problem and it would be another 6 to 10 minutes before they would be done. The problem was our other meals were already cooked. So ten minutes later all meals were brought to our table. The prime rib was room temperature my chopped steak was just warm. The seafood special was far from being any good. You do not hold meals so you can prepare one that failed. Sorry guys you need to get it together really no excuse for this one....

• Visited February 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your most recent visit, Carol. I want to assure you that this is an atypical situation, and I apologize that you had to experience it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention as it's helpful to know when speaking with the waitstaff. I hope you'll consider giving us another visit in the future, and I wish you the best!

Shoreview, Minnesota
“Luke warm steak and slow service”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Was anticipating a filet mignon. Eaten excellent seafood the past 3 weeks. Ordered a fillet mignon and it was luke warm. waitress never came by to check on us, until we were finished. told her about the meal and she checked with the chef and they were sorry!!! sorry does not win ball games!
Not a classy place for the supposedly fine steak!!

• Visited February 2014
Thanks for visiting us on your trip to Florida. I know a simple sorry doesn't make up for a less than satisfactory meal. I appreciate your business, and welcome your feedback. I'll certainly keep your comments in mind when talking with the waitstaff.

All the best,